• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Pitt fanbase?
Quote: @matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 I hear people harping on TJack and now Teddy for no reason.... whats the connection?
You could also say the same about Ponder and Cassel.  
I never heard anybody say that a white QB has no chance in the NFL....
Yep. No one said Tim Tebow had no chance in the NFL.
Read between the lines.  Nobody said he didn't have a chance because of his skin color.
And who said a QB had no chance based on skin color?
I heard it from "vikings fans" about Moon and Cunningham in the 90s,  about  Culpepper and TJACK in the 00s,  and I've heard it on Teddy since we took him.  

Ive heard that bull shit about black Qbs my whole life and from plenty of ignorant people.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 I hear people harping on TJack and now Teddy for no reason.... whats the connection?
Read between the lines.  Nobody said he didn't have a chance because of his skin color.
I heard it from "vikings fans" about Moon and Cunningham in the 90s,  about  Culpepper and TJACK in the 00s,  and I've heard it on Teddy since we took him.  

Ive heard that bull shit about black Qbs my whole life and from plenty of ignorant people.
Really? You heard those exact words? because they're black? I'm only asking because I haven't heard an inkling of that kind of stuff since before Doug Williams. If you've actually heard people say that, I just have to wonder from whom and where are you hanging out?

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Really? You heard those exact words? because they're black? I'm only asking because I haven't heard an inkling of that kind of stuff since before Doug Williams. If you've actually heard people say that, I just have to wonder from whom and where are you hanging out?

Really?  Maybe I have to ask where you hang out if you haven't heard racially based comments towards black QB'S. I should be hanging with you or maybe you just don't hear them.

Ive heard them ar family functions,  sports bars,   business functions,  over hearing random strangers.  They aren't in everyday conversation,  but the comments are there.  I damn near lost my job one day because I verbally assaulted a vendor rep who made race related comments regarding TJack and I just didn't feel like brushing them off that day.  He never came back again so maybe it was a good gamble.

Like I said, I haven't heard anything like race based stuff in over 25 yrs. (and even then it was by people I didn't personally know). Not doubting that it doesn't happen in certain circles, but it just seems like for that to still be commonplace in anyone's world, would have to be some weird time warp. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:

Have to agree with Jimmy.  Heard it about Vikings' black QB's, opposing QB's, draft prospects, etc.  Not a majority by any means, but it's a persistent bad-smelling undercurrent.