Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs: 'Don't be surprised if Teddy starts in 2017'
watching film, case misses so many open WRs that wouldve been wide open TDs by staying locked on to his initial read it is rediculous. Yes he has helped us win, but he is about factor 3 or 4 on the list this season. give Teddy his shot and if he fails we can always go back to a AB who is trained to come in as needed. 

Teddy’s floor is right where case is playing now; therefore, give him a few games and he will be playing better than this. and that’ll be right as we are heading into the playoffs needed more from our qb, more than case can provide. needing a qb that can find that wide open wr running up the seem. 

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Why do we need him right now?

The only answer really is higher expectations out of the team or our QB play, or really high expectations out of Teddy. 

We're winning games, but we'll slaughter them with Teddy? 

Gamble is a perfect word. There is certainly risk beyond injury to playing him too early. I think its easy to believe he'll play better than Keenum by default. Things have been going so well for us offensively lately, the bar is high. At 6-2, there is a ton of pressure. Can you go back to Keenum if things go south in the midst of an NFC North Championship and playoff run? If you COULD yank Bridgewater over theoretical bad play, does anyone want him around next year anyway?

It doesnt hurt to wait. If Keenum gives reason to be benched, it's simple stuff. I dont think game reps are any more valuable than practice reps this early in his return. I actually think practicing a few weeks would help him find a rhythm faster than not. 

No rush...

When you say gamble, it sounds like you are only looking at one side of the risk equation.  If Bridgewater is looking better than Keenum in practice, what are the risks of starting a backup caliber QB against decent teams on the road when you have a starting caliber QB sitting on the bench?  What if Keenum loses us a few games that we could have won and we end up having to play two of the playoff games on the road?

For me, it just seems simple enough.  You just play whichever QB is looking better in practice.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:
Why do we need him right now?

The only answer really is higher expectations out of the team or our QB play, or really high expectations out of Teddy. 

We're winning games, but we'll slaughter them with Teddy? 

Gamble is a perfect word. There is certainly risk beyond injury to playing him too early. I think its easy to believe he'll play better than Keenum by default. Things have been going so well for us offensively lately, the bar is high. At 6-2, there is a ton of pressure. Can you go back to Keenum if things go south in the midst of an NFC North Championship and playoff run? If you COULD yank Bridgewater over theoretical bad play, does anyone want him around next year anyway?

It doesnt hurt to wait. If Keenum gives reason to be benched, it's simple stuff. I dont think game reps are any more valuable than practice reps this early in his return. I actually think practicing a few weeks would help him find a rhythm faster than not. 

No rush...

When you say gamble, it sounds like you are only looking at one side of the risk equation.  If Bridgewater is looking better than Keenum in practice, what are the risks of starting a backup caliber QB against decent teams on the road when you have a starting caliber QB sitting on the bench?  What if Keenum loses us a few games that we could have won and we end up having to play two of the playoff games on the road?

For me, it just seems simple enough.  You just play whichever QB is looking better in practice.
That's how I feel. There is a risk in playing it safe and hoping that Keenum can keep doing just enough to win. He's managed it so far, but we have a tougher stretch of games coming up and at some point we're going to need more than what Keenum can provide. The hard thing is knowing when to make that switch. I don't know what a realistic schedule is in this situation, but I would say if they need to wait an extra week or two to make Teddy or Sam, who seems less likely now to be ready, then Keenum has played well enough to give them that luxury.

I still say events on the field will be Zimmer's guide...Or should be.

Let it come to you Zimm...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

The only real way it will 'come to him' is in the form of a loss or two. Its not anyone's fault, the situation dictates as much. I think the team has to ride Keenum until the wheels start to come off....which historically is what happens to backup-level NFL QBs that are forced into action for too long a time. Its why they are backups. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

The only real way it will 'come to him' is in the form of a loss or two. Its not anyone's fault, the situation dictates as much. I think the team has to ride Keenum until the wheels start to come off....which historically is what happens to backup-level NFL QBs that are forced into action for too long a time. Its why they are backups. 
I am hoping that the wheels coming off doesn't necessarily equal a loss.  We can all see the limitations of Keenum and most are expecting more offensive struggles,  but hopefully our D will keep the games close enough that our kicker can pull out the win like he did against the Ravens.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I am hoping that the wheels coming off doesn't necessarily equal a loss.  We can all see the limitations of Keenum and most are expecting more offensive struggles,  but hopefully our D will keep the games close enough that our kicker can pull out the win like he did against the Ravens.
Yeah, I hear you...that sure would be ideal to still win and have Keenum play poorly if that's how it were to go down. I just think if Keenum starts to live down to his backup status in play, it would mean a loss. I don't want that to happen, nothing I'd like to see more than the wins to keep coming.