Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear 8lb, 6 oz Baby Jesus...Don't Even Know His Name Yet...
FSU, that's all logical, but -this team had a terrible end of 2016, and I think players and coaches remember. Does losing Monday, and going into the GB game on a new 2-game losing streak, throw their self-confidence? I guess the confidence and momentum issues make me feel this is more "must win"...

Looks like the "Don't rush Sam back" crowd made some valid points after all.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Looks like the "Don't rush Sam back" crowd made some valid points after all.
was he rushed back?  if he looked ok in practice... was he rushed back?  we dont know what happened,  all we know is that he didnt look so hot last night. 

I am sure if Sam didnt want to be out there he wouldnt have been out there.  perhaps he was able to keep the pain masked in the half to three quarter speed of practice,  but when the red jersey came off he worked it a little harder and found out how painful it really was... or it got aggravated early? 

hell most fans are happy when their guys try and go even if hurt (not injured) we piss and moan that they shouldnt have tried.

Completely missed my point. Reports were he was limited in practice. Turf at Soldier's Field sucks. Nobody knew if the Run Game would be respectable enough to stop the Bears from pinning their ears back and going all out to get to Sam. 29th ranked Offense.  26th ranked Defense.

These are all legitimate reasons why Case should have started the Game. An extra week to get more confidence in the knee with hopefully full participation in practice to get his timing back would have helped Sam, hopefully.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Completely missed my point. Reports were he was limited in practice. Turf at Soldier's Field sucks. Nobody knew if the Run Game would be respectable enough to stop the Bears from pinning their ears back and going all out to get to Sam. 29th ranked Offense.  26th ranked Defense.

These are all legitimate reasons why Case should have started the Game. An extra week to get more confidence in the knee with hopefully full participation in practice to get his timing back would have helped Sam, hopefully.
what reports?  i dont recall any reports saying he was limited.  his status was questionable all week,  but that doesnt mean anything more than they werent positive that he would be the starter which can be just gamesmanship.

he was medically cleared,  which means that his injury wouldnt be worsened by playing on it.  another week of rest may not have done a thing to improve the situation.   

Zim pulled Sam when he was given sufficient time to show that he wasnt as ready as he thought he was.  IMO this was Sams call and all the hand wringing is silly. 

we got the win!