Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin
This team has ripped my heart out soooo many times its uncountable. With that said you guys missed the Favre seasons esspecilay bountygate. 

Good luck with recovery, Dalvin.  Too bad too.  The guy was playing great, but it's going to be forgotten now.

Yep, losing two starting franchise QBs and two franchise RBs to knee injuries in three years will set the team back.  Not sure when this team will ever see another winning season again.

Kinda takes the wind out of your sails.

I'm still confident that we can do okay this year, but geez, this is really getting old. 

When it happened I just looked around the room and said are you fucking kidding me.  You know, I've always kind scoffed at the idea of the Vikes being cursed but 3 non-contact knee injuries to your top 2 QB's and your top RB, maybe this curse thing is real.  Still can't fucking believe it.

I am starting to wonder about the turf in the new stadium.  maybe not enough give in it?  maybe the nappe is to high?  how many times have we seen Dalvin stumble or loose his footing in 3 games there?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I am starting to wonder about the turf in the new stadium.  maybe not enough give in it?  maybe the nappe is to high?  how many times have we seen Dalvin stumble or loose his footing in 3 games there?
Cook's footing came to mind for me yesterday - seems like just about every time he went to make a hard move to make a guy miss, his foot would slide out from under him.

I dunno... other guys play on it. Other guys are cutting and staying healthy on it. I wonder if what the bigger issue was was familiarity with the surface? Cook played on grass at FSU, right? Training camp; grass. Maybe he hit that hole, saw the defender 1 on 1, and thought "I ain't slippin' this time" before planting hard. 

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Cook's footing came to mind for me yesterday - seems like just about every time he went to make a hard move to make a guy miss, his foot would slide out from under him.

I dunno... other guys play on it. Other guys are cutting and staying healthy on it. I wonder if what the bigger issue was was familiarity with the surface? Cook played on grass at FSU, right? Training camp; grass. Maybe he hit that hole, saw the defender 1 on 1, and thought "I ain't slippin' this time" before planting hard. 

and other guys have had non/minimal contact injuries on it as well.  maybe its a cleat choice with the surface.  I just find it an interesting coincidence.

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
After this I have to ask myself if I want to pass this wretched feeling of innepetiud to my kids. Why pass along all the stress and frustration. Where is the reward? 
My worst decision as a parent...

Ugh.

oh for sure - and it's not like the condition of the field hasn't been talked about before. I remember it being an issue last preseason - something about being too new...

..Found a random quote from the Chargers last preseason:

[Talking about the Stadium] Running back Melvin Gordon: “It’s amazing. It’s a wonderful stadium. The field was good. Didn’t have too many problems with it. It was slippery. It will take a (few) games for the turf to lay down. Being on it for the first time, we ran into a couple of problems. I think after five or six games it will be perfect. It’s just new. It has to be broken in a little bit. When I caught the ball, I kind of got stuck (in the turf) a little bit. It’s high. It’s got to get matted down.”

Maybe the injury was a combo of both. Cook seemed to be having the hardest time with it of all the Vikes running with the ball. When that came to mind, I went from wondering about the turf's effect on all players vs. Cook's familiarity with playing on it.