Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin

We'll find out tonight. They wont wait till Monday. But I'll bet they've got it diagnosed correctly. Sugarmen has seen this a million times.

Put a fork in him - f'ing sucks! Sad

It seems obvious it's bad.  For a complete ACL tear, I was surprised he could walk on it so well.

if you listen to Pete's postgame (pinned at the top), we talk about next man up, and that best case, Cook is out for 4-6 weeks, but likely the whole season.

Latavious Murray is big at 230, but doesn't have the flash or receiving skills.  He's just not much of a threat to get more than 2-8 yards.  Cook could take it 50 at any time.

snakebit you ask?  24 guys on IR last year (an NFL record), #1 pick Sharrif Floyd out, #1 pick Bridgewater out, #1 pick for Bradford out, Denny taking a knee, Anderson missing wide left, 41-donut, a record 4 Super Bowl losses without a win, Love Boat Scandal, Daunte Shreds his knee, Red trades Moss, Williamson a bust, Ponderva bust, Derrick Alexander over Warren Sapp....

This team just tears your heart out.

Murray is actually a decent receiver. He's not the big play threat that Cook is, but he's capable of being a three down player. We'd need to rely on McKinnon for explosive plays, which he is capable of, but I don't have much confidence in him as a consistent contributor. I feel like they shouldn't bring McKinnon back next season, but now he has his chance to prove why he should stick around.

I felt Cook was a huge part of why the offense improved. He gave them a consistent running game, big play ability, and could contribute as a true three down back. It forced defenses to change how they play us, which in turn opened up some of the passing downfield. Without him, we can still have a functional running game, but it puts a lot more pressure on the QB. We really need Bradford back soon, since even if Teddy is cleared, I assume he'll need some time to practice before getting out there.

Quote: @Tom Moore said:

snakebit you ask?  24 guys on IR last year (an NFL record), #1 pick Sharrif Floyd out, #1 pick Bridgewater out, #1 pick for Bradford out, Denny taking a knee, Anderson missing wide left, 41-donut, a record 4 Super Bowl losses without a win, Love Boat Scandal, Daunte Shreds his knee, Red trades Moss, Williamson a bust, Ponderva bust, Derrick Alexander over Warren Sapp....

You forgot Hershel Walker and Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen...

I'll see how I feel in a few days.

But after 40 years of being a fan, it might be time for me to change the monicker. I honestly don't know how much PF is left in the tank anymore.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Tom Moore said:

You forgot Hershel Walker and Darrin Nelson over Marcus Allen...

I'll see how I feel in a few days.

But after 40 years of being a fan, it might be time for me to change the monicker. I honestly don't know how much PF is left in the tank anymore.  
How could you forget Blair Walsh's wide left in the playoff game which to me has created this downward spiral that this team has never recovered from. Something happened to this Zimmer led team on that frozen day at TCF Bank Stadium that can't be touched, isn't tangible, but has snakebitten this franchise with catastrophic injuries and consistent letdowns and failures on the field.  

After this I have to ask myself if I want to pass this wretched feeling of innepetiud to my kids. Why pass along all the stress and frustration. Where is the reward? 

waynes over peters