Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Likely Return of Bridgewater, Big Roster Decision Coming
imagine a QB with Sams arm and accuracy, with the ability to extend broken plays that Teddy previously exhibited....  How is Sloters mobility?  If he was a receiver I have to think he can use his feet pretty good besides having a big arm.   The more I get to wondering about Teddy and Sams future knee limitations the more I wonder about Case and Sloter.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
It is going to be interesting to see what happens. There is a lot of love for Teddy. He was shown on the big boards last game and I definitely heard Teddy chants. But there is some love for Sam too. And then Keenum came in and had a fantastic game. It's a tough decision but at important decision. At least the competition is going to be fierce. 
That was interesting. I heard this huge ROAR and looked up to see what the fuss was: Teddy on the big screen.

But that will have no bearing on the decision. Nor should it. As Jimmy says above, the decision will likely be made based on what the long-term prognosis for each QB's knee. And the wrong decision could be catastrophic. Two weeks ago I would've given Sam an 80 to 20 lead in terms of percentage likely to get the extension. Now, it's more like 50/50. 

Every one of these QBs has to be just salivating to get into this offense. Finally a capable OL, a big play threat at RB, 3 reliable weapons at WR and TE, and an OC who seems to be able to make it all work. I'd love to see Bradford's arm and accuracy back in this offense. But I also want to see Teddy get a chance in this offense. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd be putting up similar numbers. 
Of course it will be a merit based decision. And they have to weigh the pros and cons of both guys health. It's a lot to take into consideration. I still believe Teddy was going to breakthrough. I am happy that Sam is being successful as well. The pieces are coming together on OL and with Shurmur. I just want stability at qb. It's going to be a mix of happy and sad because of the people involved.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
imagine a QB with Sams arm and accuracy, with the ability to extend broken plays that Teddy previously exhibited....  How is Sloters mobility?  If he was a receiver I have to think he can use his feet pretty good besides having a big arm.   The more I get to wondering about Teddy and Sams future knee limitations the more I wonder about Case and Sloter.
I'm starting to lean that way, too. The unavailability of Bradford has been incredibly frustrating, and I have to suspect it will be a danger for years to come. But it also suggests Bridgewater's knee could spontaneously swell up any time after/if he comes back. I never like when we draft a player who is coming off a college injury, so signing either of our "B" QBs is kind of the same.

I laugh when people say that Sam is injury prone and they love Teddy,  Teddy has missed of over 40% of games.  and he isn't even that good of a QB to begin with.... 
and for those that felt like Teddy was going to have a breakout season....  well 14 TD passes for a career high is a sign that he really can only go up

Let's say Bridgewater is cleared to play... has he played any football since 2016 preseason?

i would think the rust on him and his game probably won't shake off until after March

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
I laugh when people say that Sam is injury prone and they love Teddy,  Teddy has missed of over 40% of games.  and he isn't even that good of a QB to begin with.... 
and for those that felt like Teddy was going to have a breakout season....  well 14 TD passes for a career high is a sign that he really can only go up
Stupid post. 

Quote: @Wickedsickness said:
Let's say Bridgewater is cleared to play... has he played any football since 2016 preseason?

i would think the rust on him and his game probably won't shake off until after March
I think he will be rusty, but he went through some limited reps at the OTA, did side work at camp, and generally has been tuned in to what is expected of him and what we are doing. 

I dont expect him to be thrust into a starting spot over Bradford or even Keenum (if he plays at a solid level), nor obviously should he. Not at this point of things. Keenum's getting another shot to produce, Bradford played well before going down. Bridgewater will have a good set of tools and a bit of time to knock that rust off, I think. He wont play unless its nessessary, and the farther it is from the point of activation, the more time he'll have to prepare. 

I know before the Tampa game, some were kinda wishing Teddy was available. I would love to focus on what we worked with entering the season and through games, but I also feel like if shit goes down with our QBs, and were winning games... i'm glad he's an option over Sloter. 100%. And if Teddy ends up backing up all season and never actually playing... there's a lot of good to that. He gets a lot of reps and real work in, and should certainly be ready to go next year.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
Stupid post. 
You have to see it from his perspective.

...Imagine 1,500 young adults in black masks marching downtown, screaming "WE WANT TEDDY," smashing car windows and street signs in protest...