Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We gotta talk...Treadwell
Quote: @"twgerber" said:
I also think he was open much earlier and if Keenum had thrown it earlier with more zip it would have been an easy reception.  
being the last look on most plays he is going to deal with less targets and often poorly thrown balls as the protection is likely breaking down at that point.

Thanks for finding that.  I was at the game (last minute type of thing) and have not actually watched a replay of it because I forgot to set my DVR.  I agree that he was definitely interfered with.  My first impression watching it live was that he jumped too early, and, if you notice, Slay jumps quite a bit later than LT and is able to high-point the ball perfectly, so I will still say that LT mistimed the jump.

Regardless, it pisses me off how much PI the Lions were able to get away with that game.  I remember at least 3 or 4 pretty blatant non-calls during the course of the game, and 2 of them came within about 3 or 4 plays of each other and ended up killing a drive.

Finally, I really wanted Treadwell to work out, especially after hearing about all of his "progress" in training camp this year.  But I have seen absolutely nothing out of him in 20 games now and would be willing to bet money that I ever will.  I'm just glad that Floyd is now available so that hopefully we can get some sort of production out of the 3rd WR spot, especially with Cook now on IR. 

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
Thanks for finding that.  I was at the game (last minute type of thing) and have not actually watched a replay of it because I forgot to set my DVR.  I agree that he was definitely interfered with.  My first impression watching it live was that he jumped too early, and, if you notice, Slay jumps quite a bit later than LT and is able to high-point the ball perfectly, so I will still say that LT mistimed the jump.

Regardless, it pisses me off how much PI the Lions were able to get away with that game.  I remember at least 3 or 4 pretty blatant non-calls during the course of the game, and 2 of them came within about 3 or 4 plays of each other and ended up killing a drive.

Finally, I really wanted Treadwell to work out, especially after hearing about all of his "progress" in training camp this year.  But I have seen absolutely nothing out of him in 20 games now and would be willing to bet money that I ever will.  I'm just glad that Floyd is now available so that hopefully we can get some sort of production out of the 3rd WR spot, especially with Cook now on IR. 
I think you are seeing what you want to see if you think that slay highpointed that ball,   he looks higher in the air than he really is due to the fact that he was pushing Treadwell to the ground.  If Treadwell had not been interfered with Treadwell would likely have been in perfect position to no only make the catch at the high point,  but it looks to me that Slay would have had zero play on the ball as he would have been shielded behind Treadwell. 

Thicken, Diggs, and Rudy have the QBs trust, are getting open, and are likely the primary reads.

He needs to make a few plays on his limited chances to earn the QBs trust before anything changes.

Add in a stable of RB' s that are great check down targets and I don't think his lack of opportunity says much other than the rest of the offense is working pretty well.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
I have no problem with them having drafted Treadwell. But the guy is a bust so far. No denying it. He may turn it around. But if he doesn't I'd be upset if the team doesn't cut bait and move on. 

He really isn't who many thought he would be so far. I do know that he was not ready coming out and from what I know, teams knew he wasn't fully ready.
Hopefully he can be what many WRs were a few years ago... Takes 3 years to take off lol

Quote: @"NodakViking" said:
Thicken, Diggs, and Rudy have the QBs trust, are getting open, and are likely the primary reads.

He needs to make a few plays on his limited chances to earn the QBs trust before anything changes.

Add in a stable of RB' s that are great check down targets and I don't think his lack of opportunity says much other than the rest of the offense is working pretty well.
Diggs was a 5th rounder so he had a much bigger hill to climb and started much lower on the depth chart, but it was obvious during his first preseason action that he had a lot of potential.  And even after being inactive for the first 3 games of his NFL career (something I'll never understand), he came out and lit it up immediately.

Thielen is an example of a WR who took a little while to develop, but he went undrafted, played at Mankato St for Christ's sake, and even then he showed something when he got on the field.

All I hear regarding Treadwell so far is a bunch of excuses.  Unfortunately, he has shown absolutely nothing during his 20 games here.  The sooner we pop his protected status as a former first round pick, and start treating him like any other player on the team, the better.  Floyd, Wright, Coley, and possibly Adams all deserve to be higher on the depth chart that LT.

No one is going to supplants Diggs and Theilen.  Not Floyd not Treadwell.  They will only get the occasional scraps.   The only way we will ever know unfortunately is if one of them gets hurt which I don't want.  So for now I am quite content to have two of the top 10 WR's in the league on the vikings.