Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bold move for #2 and J.Daniels
When I watch Daniels, I see a taller Kyler Murray without the same arm strength.  If he's Kyler Murray good, I'm not sure it's worth giving up all the draft capital.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
When I watch Daniels, I see a taller Kyler Murray without the same arm strength.  If he's Kyler Murray good, I'm not sure it's worth giving up all the draft capital.
Agreed. Everyone acts like Daniels is a mortal lock, I don't see that completely. His arm strength is a negative. And although he doesn't have the injury history that Penix does, he's more slight in frame than Penix. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
Agreed. Everyone acts like Daniels is a mortal lock, I don't see that completely. His arm strength is a negative. And although he doesn't have the injury history that Penix does, he's more slight in frame than Penix. 
Daniels is more of a runner than a thrower.  He has elite burst, like Percy Harvin almost.  But not a lot of shifty moves, he takes more sacks than most mobile guys.  His passing game is not elite.  He's got the physical tools but runs too often.  He'll make plays with his feet but that is not the path to long term championship level qb play in the NFL.  I'm skeptical that his passing and processing can get there in the pros, so to me he looks like a lower tier starter or a backup.    I would not spend a high first on him.  Maybe a late first or a second.  Honestly, of the consensus top 6 qb's this year I have him rated 6th.