Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bold move for #2 and J.Daniels
This is the guy I wanted all along and I would be game for it as a fan..

To move up nine spots, it likely wouldn't be cheap for the Vikings and would cost a lot of this year's draft capital because Washington is aware that this is likely the earliest the team would be picking for some time.A trade for the second overall pick could involve two first-rounders, a second-rounder, a third-rounder, and a fourth. In last year's draft, the Chicago Bears moved up from No. 9 overall. The Bears gave the Carolina Panthers its 2023 first-rounder (No. 9), 2023 second-rounder (No. 61), 2024 first-round pick (No. 1 overall), 2025 second-rounder, and Pro Bowl-caliber No. 1 receiver D.J. Moore in his prime.
Hypothetically, this trade would cost Minnesota its 2024 first-rounder (No. 11), 2024 second-rounder (No. 43), 2024 fourth-rounder (No. 109), 2025 first-rounder, and 2025 third-rounder. 
Even if the Vikings offer this, the team would still have six draft picks remaining between rounds four through seven this year, and the Commanders would have 11 picks in this year's draft and eight in 2025. This would allow new general manager Adam Peters, who helped build the San Francisco 49ers into NFC Champions, to get new head coach Dan Quinn back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 2017 with the Atlanta Falcons.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-minnesota-vikings-trade-rumors-qb-draft-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-justin-jefferson

Nobody is trading out of a top 3 pick and the chance to draft a franchise QB all the way down to 11th pick, for anything less than the package San Francisco gave up to draft Trey Lance a few years ago. That was a comparable move up and cost 3 first round picks. I would absolutely despise this franchise trading all those draft picks just to take a swing that they very well might miss on. I'm sure they'd love to have the opportunity to draft Daniels, but being "competitive" this last season has essentially eliminated that possibility without the haul of draft picks it would take to move up. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Nobody is trading out of a top 3 pick and the chance to draft a franchise QB all the way down to 11th pick, for anything less than the package San Francisco gave up to draft Trey Lance a few years ago. That was a comparable move up and cost 3 first round picks. I would absolutely despise this franchise trading all those draft picks just to take a swing that they very well might miss on. I'm sure they'd love to have the opportunity to draft Daniels, but being "competitive" this last season has essentially eliminated that possibility without the haul of draft picks it would take to move up. 
I get the sentiment of the gamble...I'm a big LSU guy and have loved watching him play in purple. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This is the guy I wanted all along and I would be game for it as a fan..

To move up nine spots, it likely wouldn't be cheap for the Vikings and would cost a lot of this year's draft capital because Washington is aware that this is likely the earliest the team would be picking for some time.A trade for the second overall pick could involve two first-rounders, a second-rounder, a third-rounder, and a fourth. In last year's draft, the Chicago Bears moved up from No. 9 overall. The Bears gave the Carolina Panthers its 2023 first-rounder (No. 9), 2023 second-rounder (No. 61), 2024 first-round pick (No. 1 overall), 2025 second-rounder, and Pro Bowl-caliber No. 1 receiver D.J. Moore in his prime.
Hypothetically, this trade would cost Minnesota its 2024 first-rounder (No. 11), 2024 second-rounder (No. 43), 2024 fourth-rounder (No. 109), 2025 first-rounder, and 2025 third-rounder. 
Even if the Vikings offer this, the team would still have six draft picks remaining between rounds four through seven this year, and the Commanders would have 11 picks in this year's draft and eight in 2025. This would allow new general manager Adam Peters, who helped build the San Francisco 49ers into NFC Champions, to get new head coach Dan Quinn back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 2017 with the Atlanta Falcons.

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-minnesota-vikings-trade-rumors-qb-draft-drake-maye-jayden-daniels-justin-jefferson
I'm sure Washington is weighing all options, but I think sticking and picking makes the most sense for them. Not so New England. They can rebuild that franchise with what they get for the 3rd pick. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Never say never.  Kwesi would be down with that!

So long as you are a division opponent, that is.

A move like this would terrifying, but there’s no doubt it’d be ecxiting. I’d be down. Daniels looks like a player. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
A move like this would terrifying, but there’s no doubt it’d be ecxiting. I’d be down. Daniels looks like a player. 

Yah, I think for most fans it would be un-nerving. It would take conviction, a willing trade partner and BIG brass balls for sure...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvz0NtjKDPDI0vWxLTsl6...Y&usqp=CAU]

Going into it, they re-sign:
  • Hunter, Risner, Bynum (starters)
  • Cut Bradberry, sign Mason Cole
  • Sign Wilkins to play DT, DE Autry to play edge
Then I'm all for it.  You have a borderline top 10 defense that doesn't have to blitz as much because you added 2 impact pieces in the front 7 and kept your best defensive performers from last year

Upgraded with Cole at center and run it back with the best TE group in the league, a top pair of WRs and a playmaking QB

Just fucking go for it, you can start a whole new window with Daniels.  A guy that can take this roster to the playoffs surrounded by top 10 offensive and defensive talent.

I'm not a believer in mortgaging everything for a college kid.   And certainly not Daniels who I ranked 6th out of the 10 prospects I watched video on recently.   It puts way too much pressure on everyone in the organization and the kid himself, you pay way too much, and the odds it can all work out because you identified a guy who was worth all that are pretty slim.   It's just maniac gambling imho--the general manager equivalent of playing hero ball.