Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Zimmer was Pissed after the Game Sunday? See this
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"matt4787" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
LOVE IT

No need to watch tape, no BS excuses, S or get off the pot!
Just Win Baby.

I could give s hit how pissed he is or not after a game. 
I agree. Although it is nice to see his passion verse Frazier this is pointless. Way too many mental mistakes and they fall on Zimmer. This is his 4th year no more excuses.

I don't know how (most) of those could possibly fall on Zimmer.  It's one thing if there are personal fouls- and it is a pattern.  But, sheesh: BRob jumped offsides to give the other team a first down.  Our DBs were called for holding / PI.  Again, how is that on Zimmer?  If these are on Zimmer, then I guess he gets all the credit for us being one of the less-penalized teams (in the past)?
I agree,  false start penalties are not on the coaches... we have been unable to jump since pee wee football,  hell since 2 hand touch on the grade school playgrounds,  this is ingrained in our football psyche,  for professional athletes to jump is simply a mental lapse on their part and in no way can that be on the coaches unless its the same guy over and over and the coaches dont replace him.  hand fouls might be a coaching thing if its related to how the player is asked to perform him job.  some coaches want players to be physical and take risks and some crews let them play,  the next crew will litter the same offenses with flags.  i think you cant really look at penalties in a microscope and assign blame,  it really has to be over a much larger sample size.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

I don't know how (most) of those could possibly fall on Zimmer.  It's one thing if there are personal fouls- and it is a pattern.  But, sheesh: BRob jumped offsides to give the other team a first down.  Our DBs were called for holding / PI.  Again, how is that on Zimmer?  If these are on Zimmer, then I guess he gets all the credit for us being one of the less-penalized teams (in the past)?
I agree,  false start penalties are not on the coaches... we have been unable to jump since pee wee football,  hell since 2 hand touch on the grade school playgrounds,  this is ingrained in our football psyche,  for professional athletes to jump is simply a mental lapse on their part and in no way can that be on the coaches unless its the same guy over and over and the coaches dont replace him.  hand fouls might be a coaching thing if its related to how the player is asked to perform him job.  some coaches want players to be physical and take risks and some crews let them play,  the next crew will litter the same offenses with flags.  i think you cant really look at penalties in a microscope and assign blame,  it really has to be over a much larger sample size.
and lets not forget there are guys on the other side looking for that mental lapse to take advantage.  We sort of have the notion that our team should be perfect and win every battle.  That isn't the case.

As to defensive PI and holding, I think it is so subjective.  The one on Rhodes was rather ticky tack.  And good defenses probably tend to push the limits to see where the refs will call it.  We play a physical brand of defense unlike the soft zones of past years.  That brand of D is going to push the limits and the key is finding that line and then not crossing it again.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

and lets not forget there are guys on the other side looking for that mental lapse to take advantage.  We sort of have the notion that our team should be perfect and win every battle.  That isn't the case.

As to defensive PI and holding, I think it is so subjective.  The one on Rhodes was rather ticky tack.  And good defenses probably tend to push the limits to see where the refs will call it.  We play a physical brand of defense unlike the soft zones of past years.  That brand of D is going to push the limits and the key is finding that line and then not crossing it again.
live by the sword,  die by the sword.

Well, better than living by the butter knife and dying by the sword in the frazier era.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
Well, better than living by the butter knife and dying by the sword in the frazier era.
a butter knife would have been great.... that was the equivalent of the KFC spork under Leslie.

@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
a butter knife would have been great.... that was the equivalent of the KFC spork under Leslie.
Might have to review the tape on that one...

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

Part of the problem is also consistency from one crew to another. I'll stiil say P. Morelli doesn't like us.  Smile