Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hock!
Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@HappyViking said:
Sounds to me like Jimmy Kleinsasser is your guy.
Kleinsasser!!!
[Image: v7fale9e6l1c.jpg]

If there ever was a player that epitomizes Chris Berman's catch phrases it was Jimmy Kleinsasser,

Rumblin, stumblin, bumblin..... check

Whoop!!! Absolutely ( gotta think about those business decisions that DBs did when he had the ball)

BANG!!!.... Of course

He Could Go All The Way...... ok maybe not all the catch phrases.

God i miss having a thumper on our offense.  They need to get Oliver more involved and see if he can play that lead blocker roll.

Kleinny and Hoard were cut from the same model...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Kleinny and Hoard were cut from the same model...
You want 1 yard, I will get you 3.  You want 4 yards, I will get you 3.

Quote: @Tyr said:
Rudolph was a really good receiving TE, but my frustration with him was that he would never really break tackles or get a lot of yards after the catch. Hockenson is actually dangerous after he catches the ball, which is what separates him from Rudolph for me.

A more interesting question to me is would you rather have Hockenson or the Lions current TE Sam LaPorta? LaPorta has been playing well, but to get him, the Vikings would have either had to trade down and lose out on Addison or trade up and lose out on Blackmon, both of whom have had strong rookie seasons. LaPorta is on a rookie deal, which is advantageous over Hockenson's contract, but I wouldn't want to give up either Addison or Blackmon right now.

Agree, Rudolph’s career yac was 4.3yds, at his size simply falling forward nearly  accomplished that… 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Yep. Wasn't too long ago, earlier in the season, some fans were bagging on this trade. Not sure why but fans are going to fan. 
The questioning or "bagging" was about money allocation and not Hock as a player. Was it wise to pay a top dollar TE contract with other large contracts that will need to be paid on the horizon and an unsettled quarterback position, or would it have been wiser to not make the trade, take advantage of a historically deep TE crop and have that player on a rookie deal for the next four years? 
Well I guess the regime is 19-8 since taking over, a playoff appearance and has one of the most productive TEs in the NFL......so what's the question again? 'Historically deep'? So I thought fans liked proven commodities over 2 in the bush? Its all theory and optimum planning until it comes to actually doing it and seeing the results. Hock is a machine. The team just went 5-0 without Justin Jefferson. So what 'large contracts' should they be focusing on? 

lol, you'll have to pardon my giggling over the 'rookie contracts' and all the other crap. Just give me players that actually produce, not the fantasy of a drafted player that MIGHT produce and you can leverage a contract. Because it can all go up in smoke because the draft is a crapshoot. 

You're seeing a clinic in coaching on both sides of the ball in Minnesota.
THIS^ THIS^ THIS^Lol! I just couldn’t like this enough. A draft pick is the shiny present under a tree. Not all of them come with batteries. 

Worth the cap space for sure. Nice job by KAM on this trade, coming up roses:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3890...-jefferson

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@HappyViking said:
Kleinsasser!!!

If there ever was a player that epitomizes Chris Berman's catch phrases it was Jimmy Kleinsasser,

Whoop!!! Absolutely ( gotta think about those business decisions that DBs did when he had the ball)

BANG!!!.... Of course

God i miss having a thumper on our offense.  They need to get Oliver more involved and see if he can play that lead blocker roll.
It was such a shame the way his last game went. No carries/no targets.  He had brought friends and family to the game so they could see his last game. Really liked him as a player. If I remember right, they switched him between fullback and tight-end and back again early in his career?

Quote: @wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@HappyViking said:
Kleinsasser!!!

BANG!!!.... Of course

It was such a shame the way his last game went. No carries/no targets.  He had brought friends and family to the game so they could see his last game. Really liked him as a player. If I remember right, they switched him between fullback and tight-end and back again early in his career?
they used him in various ways throughout his career here,  if there ever was a poster child for lunch pail guy,  it was JK.

I heard a story about his college days, he was at a party 2 fisting beers when somebody started talking shit, he calmly transferred one of his beers to the other hand, made a fist with his now empty hand,  1 punched the guy, and then went back to two fisting his beers like nothing happened.