Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ty Chandler RB1
I was at the game on Sunday and it was striking to me the lack of cutback ability by any of the Vikings running backs.  You could watch the handoff...and than look for the sea of humanity...and just know the Viking running back would run directly into the pile.  My brother commented that it looked like a 5 year old soccer game.  Just look for the mob and you know where the ball is going.  There were cutback lanes open numerous times but the running back just tried to push through the hole.  At least Chandler gets there quicker so he stands a chance of coming out the other side.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
I was at the game on Sunday and it was striking to me the lack of cutback ability by any of the Vikings running backs.  You could watch the handoff...and than look for the sea of humanity...and just know the Viking running back would run directly into the pile.  My brother commented that it looked like a 5 year old soccer game.  Just look for the mob and you know where the ball is going.  There were cutback lanes open numerous times but the running back just tried to push through the hole.  At least Chandler gets there quicker so he stands a chance of coming out the other side.
Yeah, some fans were glad to see this guy go and he was the King of the Cutback:

[Image: usa_today_19796908.jpg]

Anything that keeps me from having to watch yet another afternoon of Alexander Mattison turning first and 10 into second and 12 is a good thing.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"badgervike" said:
Yeah, some fans were glad to see this guy go and he was the King of the Cutback:

[Image: usa_today_19796908.jpg]
His brother is having a good year with 615 yards so far.  Dalvin...not so much.  47 carries for 147 yards.

I though Running Backs were a dime a dozen these days?

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
If they're all doing it, maybe they're being told to do that? ... perhaps to avoid dancing around behind the LOS?

Maybe they are getting it now? #FreeTy

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1724529572224369101