Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ty Chandler RB1
So much faster, quicker and more downhill than Mattison 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Mattison needs to hit the pine. He sucks bad. 

Thats the popular opinion and I would dare say I think the team also believes that. The issue is pass pro. Did you see the Mattison block? 
I think the RB1 job is there for the taking. Ty has to show he can pick up blitzes and make the right protection reads.
This is my assumption because Mattison is just not a good runner but he is darn good (when compared to what we have) at protecting the QB. 
So I think the question is, do we play a better RB and have the QB hit or do we play a poor RB and live to play another down with our QB.
Dobbs elusiveness gives us a new dimension that makes it easier and better for Ty. Ty did not have this luxury with Kirk who needed solid protection.. So I think this decision is closer than we think.

We need to draft a difference maker at RB next spring. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
We have a lot bigger needs than RB,  that is the last hole that should be addressed,  especially now that the position is being devalued as much as it is.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
We have a lot bigger needs than RB,  that is the last hole that should be addressed,  especially now that the position is being devalued as much as it is.
We have no running game. Is it the OL or is it lack of talent at the position?

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Yep. Start him. Stupid unnecessary penalty by O'Neill or he would have scored a sweet TD.

Ty deserves more touches. I like the way the staff has gone to more gap and power to help the run game.  Just beat the guy in front of you. 

Mattison is out with a concussion, so itll be put up or shut up next week. 

Chandler + Kene & Ham should be a strong enough battery at RB.  Much more speed that can be dangerous enough to make teams respect the run more, especially the play action passing game.

Passing 3rd down?  Bring in Ham who can block better than any but is just as reliable to catch.