Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall
Hall should be good to go next week.  Dobbs has mostly been a turnover machine which is why Arizona let him go.  Assuming the rocket man comes back down to earth e.g. he's not the man we think he is at all oh no no no :p , I think Hall will see the field again, maybe soon.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Dobbs has mostly been a turnover machine which is why Arizona let him go.  e.g. he's not the man we think he is at all oh no no no :p
I don't think that's accurate. From what I've gathered, Arizona let him go because Kyle Murray is about to return, and they got something for Dobbs in a trade.

Thier fifth round QB, Clayton Tune, is certainly not ready, as he proved with last week's NFL's QB rating of 1.3.

"He is not the man we think he is" what does that mean?

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@comet52 said:
Dobbs has mostly been a turnover machine which is why Arizona let him go.  e.g. he's not the man we think he is at all oh no no no :p
I don't think that's accurate. From what I've gathered, Arizona let him go because Kyle Murray is about to return, and they got something for Dobbs in a trade.

Thier fifth round QB, Clayton Tune, is certainly not ready, as he proved with last week's NFL's QB rating of 1.3.

"He is not the man we think he is" what does that mean?
I think Comet is wrong. And right. 

No, Dobbs hasn't been a turnover machine. He's been...average. Good and bad. Inconsistent. But I think you're right that the biggest reason for the trade was that Murray was about to return.

But I agree with Comet that he's not the man we think he is. Meaning he's not the man the media hype says he is.  The hype should only be about how "not that awful" he was given only hours to prepare. It shouldn't be about how "great" he was in command of the offense.  Because he wasn't. 

No reason we can't win a lot of games with him. His running ability is something this offense has never seen...even going back to LA and Stafford. But I think if people are expecting anything close to Cousins-like performance here on out, they're going to be disappointed. Just my 2¢

It's a line from Elton John's "Rocket Man", a favorite of mine from way back when.

Young Josh stumbles
through many picks
and fumbles...
Yes, what QB with limited starting experiance hasn't? 
Hasn't he thrown more TDs than Ints?

@comet52 said:
Young Josh stumbles
through many picks
and fumbles...
Why does he have limited starting experience when he's been in the league for seven years (on nine stops)?

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@comet52 said:
Young Josh stumbles
through many picks
and fumbles...
Why does he have limited starting experience when he's been in the league for seven years (on nine stops)?
It's been documented and mentioned on this board that a portion of those years were with teams with established QBs.

It wasn't until last year he got his first chance as starter with Tennessee on 12/29/2022 and 1/7/2023 (2 games) throwing 2 TDs and 2 Ints.

This year Arizona  released Colt McCoy and David Blough,  and then traded for Dobbs two weeks before the regular season.

In less than one year, as a starter with three teams, he has thrown for 2,138 yards and thrown/rush for 16 TDs(12 passing/4 rushing), and 8 Ints.

We are aware of his rushing ability. Heading into today's game, his 324 rushing yards are ahead of Jalen Hurts' 316, and second only to Lamar Jackson's 440.

@comet52 said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@comet52 said:
Young Josh stumbles
through many picks
and fumbles...
It's been documented and mentioned on this board that a portion of those years were with teams with established QBs.

It wasn't until last year he got his first chance as starter with Tennessee on 12/29/2022 and 1/7/2023 (2 games) throwing 2 TDs and 2 Ints.

This year Arizona  released Colt McCoy and David Blough,  and then traded for Dobbs two weeks before the regular season.

In less than one year, as a starter with three teams, he has thrown for 2,138 yards and thrown/rush for 16 TDs(12 passing/4 rushing), and 8 Ints.

We are aware of his rushing ability. Heading into today's game, his 324 rushing yards are ahead of Jalen Hurts' 316, and second only to Lamar Jackson's 440.

Tonight we saw the real Josh Dobbs.  This is why he's a career backup.

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@comet52 said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@comet52 said:
Young Josh stumbles
through many picks
and fumbles...

Tonight we saw the real Josh Dobbs.  This is why he's a career backup.
DEN D is shutting down everyone. Dobbs played fine. Wish he pushed the ball downfield more but it’s not like our guys were getting much separation that I saw.

KO is great but Chandler needs more touches. Honestly believe it might have made a difference.

Damn. Losing stinks.