Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Daniel Jones, Giants
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I heard on sports radio today that the Gmen can pretty much be off the hook with him after 2024. So while it doesnt look like a good signing today, this is nothing like how the Bronco's got bent over on Russ Wilson. 
If you call $22.2 million in dead cap money off the hook....
Relative to Rogers $60mm?  Yah, thats not bad. Not great, but do-able if he's just a disaster. Gmen front office should get a little more rope than say a KAM too. 

I thought the Rodgers thing was closer to $40 MM in dead cap for GB? Yeah, in comparison, very doable. Its funny how 'malleable' the NFL cap is....is it even a thing really anymore?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I heard on sports radio today that the Gmen can pretty much be off the hook with him after 2024. So while it doesnt look like a good signing today, this is nothing like how the Bronco's got bent over on Russ Wilson. 
Relative to Rogers $60mm?  Yah, thats not bad. Not great, but do-able if he's just a disaster. Gmen front office should get a little more rope than say a KAM too. 

I thought the Rodgers thing was closer to $40 MM in dead cap for GB? Yeah, in comparison, very doable. Its funny how 'malleable' the NFL cap is....is it even a thing really anymore?

I guess I just dont see the signing as disastrous for the franchise?

They really didnt have too many choices at the time. 

Again, I will point-out Danny Dimes really should be sending dinner over to _onatells house every Friday night for a year. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I guess I just dont see the signing as disastrous for the franchise?

They really didnt have too many choices at the time. 

Again, I will point-out Danny Dimes really should be sending dinner over to _onatells house every Friday night for a year. 

This is what I was referring to mostly, very costly for the Giants:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agent...her-teams/