Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Daniel Jones, Giants
What does the board think of this guy? Resigned to a new 4-year, $160 million extension in the offseason. He's not going anywhere, his dead cap hit next year is atrocious ($69 million) and $22.2 million in 2025, which I guess would be your potential out year. Giants' fans are losing their minds right now over this guy and his contract. He has some good moments, but man he's still way to inconsistent on a game to game basis. Still just 26 years old and physically everything you'd want in a QB. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3855...iants-loss

Lol, we fans lose our minds if we have an 0-3 start against teams with a .750 record, or call for regime change less than 2 years in.  

I think you have to keep running him out there if you are the giants, hes shown enough and is paid now.  

The one QB that intringues me is Kyler Murray. He has issues and a nutty contract, but if you can get him on the field healthy he is damn fun to watch.  I would want a chair at that table

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Lol, we fans lose our minds if we have an 0-3 start against teams with a .750 record, or call for regime change less than 2 years in.  

I think you have to keep running him out there if you are the giants, hes shown enough and is paid now.  

The one QB that intringues me is Kyler Murray. He has issues and a nutty contract, but if you can get him on the field healthy he is damn fun to watch.  I would want a chair at that table
Yeah, that's where I beg to differ. I want zero part of Murray, way to inaccurate. My point on this thread wasn't that the Vikings should pursue Jones if the Giants do something in the future, but rather that many teams still have challenges game to game with their starting QBs. I just think that the vast majority of the time, other team's castoffs at the QB position don't ever work out. Not always, of course. I guess now that I look at my original post, it does appear I'm asking the board if they'd want him in purple! Bad phrasing on my part, just looking for opinions on Jones.

Dont question yourself my man. Have you met me?  I can reply to a post and take it in any direction on the compass. A little attention disorder over here Smile

Seems to happen a lot on the heels of a big contract. See Burrow. I think Jones is better than what he's shown so far this year. His offensive line has been horrible. He'll play better as the schedule evens out. 

Speaking of which, Vikings have a bargain. 

https://twitter.com/Up4Discussion_7/stat...71178?s=20

I didn't watch much of the the game last night but I turned it on just as he threw the goal line pick returned for a TD.  That looked like it was just a bad mistake on his part.  The rest of the game he was has just getting killed by the Hawks D.He's kind of like any NFL QB.  If he has time, he can be very good both throwing and running.  If not, he can look like a 2nd or 3rd stringer.  I think we kind of have that problem with our QB too.

their OL is piecemeal I think two of their starters were out, then lost their center early in the game.

seahawks sacked him 11 times last night

You would blow my mind if you could prove that he's not related to Ed Donatell

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:

You had me 'til you mentioned Murray.  He's not impressive with homework, work ethic, or consistency.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

Yeah, that's where I beg to differ. I want zero part of Murray, way to inaccurate. My point on this thread wasn't that the Vikings should pursue Jones if the Giants do something in the future, but rather that many teams still have challenges game to game with their starting QBs. I just think that the vast majority of the time, other team's castoffs at the QB position don't ever work out. Not always, of course. I guess now that I look at my original post, it does appear I'm asking the board if they'd want him in purple! Bad phrasing on my part, just looking for opinions on Jones.

Thanks for that clarification, and you wrapped it up nicely: every QB looks like crap when not protected, and also when their team's passing offense isn't in rhythm with itself.

Jones looked like boiled crap last night, albeit determined boiled crap at times. The Seahawks brought better energy, better execution, and got an emotional boost when Jeno got the pseudo-horse-collar treatment on the sideline.

That said, 24 points...could've/should've been a lot worse, but their D was still trying.  The offense just couldn't protect Jones, and couldn't build a rhythm.