Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Chargers
Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
Good observation here. If Mattison follows Mundt and Oliver around the left side he probably scores.

https://twitter.com/FriesFootball/status...36459?s=20
I'm not some film savant or football genius but even I noticed a couple lanes throughout the game that Mattison could have hit and didn't. He still had a decent game but I think Akers is going to be getting half the carries soon, probably as early as this week. What he does with them I'm not sure but I have a feeling Mattison is going to be on the outs within the next month unless his play sharply improves. Chandler looks a lot faster than Mattison as well.
Chandler is a 4.3 guy. Mattison ran a 4.67. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Good observation here. If Mattison follows Mundt and Oliver around the left side he probably scores.

Looks to me like Mattison is reading the poor block by 65 and likely would have been tackled anyway if tried to continue to the left.  Would have been a slam dunk if 65 contains his man.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

Looks to me like Mattison is reading the poor block by 65 and likely would have been tackled anyway if tried to continue to the left.  Would have been a slam dunk if 65 contains his man.
not sure what happened to my post,  but thats how I saw it as well,  he was heading left until Schlottman wasnt able to handle his guy and Mattison ran out of room left and tried to cut back to see what was there.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

not sure what happened to my post,  but thats how I saw it as well,  he was heading left until Schlottman wasnt able to handle his guy and Mattison ran out of room left and tried to cut back to see what was there.
Answer: nothing.

Has Mattison broken even one run “loose” this year? In his career? He’s signed for peanuts so I get the savings but there are other backs all over the league for the same price range with a lot more juice. I’m bummed the FO stuck with status quo and resigned AM without meeting others. Mostert is made of glass but has been healthy so far and looks electric in MIA. 1 yr/$2M this past offseason. Tbh even Chandler on our own roster has looked better. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

Answer: nothing.

Has Mattison broken even one run “loose” this year? In his career? He’s signed for peanuts so I get the savings but there are other backs all over the league for the same price range with a lot more juice. I’m bummed the FO stuck with status quo and resigned AM without meeting others. Mostert is made of glass but has been healthy so far and looks electric in MIA. 1 yr/$2M this past offseason. Tbh even Chandler on our own roster has looked better. 
I like AM,  we won't see home runs,  but will see a lot less strike outs.  If we had even an average IOL he would be just fine.  I like that he doesn't have the negative runs that we saw from Cook.  Not much dancing for AM,  this play actually surprised me as he typically comes downhill so fast he doesn't have time to look for back side openings.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Really hard to believe that we could not win a game that was handed to us on a silver platter with the Staley 4th down call.  I guess he was let off the hook because we choked but he should be shit-canned immediately for that one.  

Believe it or not, according to “analytics”, that move improved the odds of winning 4.7%!
Go figure… 
:o 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@minny65 said:
Really hard to believe that we could not win a game that was handed to us on a silver platter with the Staley 4th down call.  I guess he was let off the hook because we choked but he should be shit-canned immediately for that one.  

Believe it or not, according to “analytics”, that move improved the odds of winning 4.7%!
Go figure… 
Analytics is not the answer to everything Smile

@Kentis said:
@minny65 said:

Go figure… 
100% agree…!

@Kentis said:
@minny65 said:

Go figure… 
the way analytics has worked for the Vikings makes me want to kick the shit out of jonah hill.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@MaroonBells said:

No, not even close.