Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Chargers

Looks like the over/under is around 80 Smile

Ranking All 32 NFL Defenses From WORST To FIRST After Week 2 (msn.com)

32. Los Angeles ChargersVery little has gone right thus far for Brandon Staley and the Los Angeles Chargers in 2023. LA has fallen into an 0-2 hole in a very competitive AFC West and its bottom-tier defense is a huge reason why. The Chargers are allowing an astronomical 438.5 yards per game through two games.

27. Minnesota Vikings
Minnesota’s defense has been terrible so far. Its secondary has gotten eaten alive to the tune of a 68.3% completion rate and the defensive line has really struggled to get pressure.

One of them is gonna be 0-3 and outta the playoffs

Statistically, the Vikings D is not bad.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Well, not for Minnesota. Right now, they are only 1 game behind in the NFCN. The Vikings go 0-3, they'll only be 2 back at worst with 14 games to go. Haven't played anyone in the NFCN yet. Now it would probably mean they'd have to win the division to get into the playoffs, but its by no means over with in theory. 

I think Harrison Phillips has been playing OK, but none of them are really getting consistent pressure on the QB. In fact, the only front three worse than ours might be the Chargers. But saying the Vikings DL struggles to get pressure is a little misleading, considering Hunter leads the league in sacks. Sure, technically he's a LB but that's picking nits. 

I hate games like this. I think the Vikings are the better team and they're at home, but the Chargers are dangerous and they MUST win, just like us. They'll pull out all the stops to steal a W in USB. Can we stop them? 

Kinda reminds me of the Seattle game two years ago. Vikings started 0-2 with a ridiculous amount of WTF!s. FIVE false starts and FIVE holding penalties stifled the Vikings offense against the Bengals. Still the Vikings sent it to OT, where Dalvin "fumbled" near FG range. Week 2, Cards won by 1 point after their kicker made the longest FG in team history, and of course our guy missed a chip shot 37 yarder that would've won the game as time expired. 

After all that, we headed home to face a pretty good Seattle team. We were 2 pt dogs and pretty much dominated them. So here's hoping...

I have a gut feeling we win this one.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Mattyman said:
Well, not for Minnesota. Right now, they are only 1 game behind in the NFCN. The Vikings go 0-3, they'll only be 2 back at worst with 14 games to go. Haven't played anyone in the NFCN yet. Now it would probably mean they'd have to win the division to get into the playoffs, but its by no means over with in theory. 

Statistically you're right....

Entering Week 3, it’s worth now looking at how often a team can start 0-3 and still make the playoffs. It’s an even more rare occurrence than the 0-2 turnaround, but it has happened. Dating back to 1979 NFL playoff expansion, six teams have accomplished the feat. The most recent team to do so was the Texans in 2018. They followed an 0-3 start with nine straight wins and finished the season 11-5 before losing in the Wild Card round to the Colts.

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/2022/9/...2022-teams

As a fan I don't see the Vikings being #7 to do it.

Pretty terrible write up regarding the Chargers, no way they are close to #32, easily could be 2-0, lost a 2 point game to Miami in a game they were leading throughout most of it and the dropped an OT game to the Titans.  They are the better team and it will take our best performance to give a chance to win.  Chargers at least have a plan, we are all over the place and do not see this team going in the right direction.

Quote: @JR44 said:
Pretty terrible write up regarding the Chargers, no way they are close to #32, easily could be 2-0, lost a 2 point game to Miami in a game they were leading throughout most of it and the dropped an OT game to the Titans.  They are the better team and it will take our best performance to give a chance to win.  Chargers at least have a plan, we are all over the place and do not see this team going in the right direction.
Chargers are a wounded animal. Much like our Vikings who cant get out if their own way with terrible turnovers.  Both teams should be 2-0.   

If Bosa and Ekeler out could make a big difference for the good guys.