Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes vs Steelers Postgame w Vikes RB Dalvin Cook
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
To be fair to Pete it was called a TD on the field so he and his crew got it right.  It was OVERTURNED in review... unless they had an angle not show on TV, they couldn't clearly tell where the ball was when his knee hit the ground.  So no clear evidence means no over turn.... well it used too anyway.  And if they did have CLEAR shot of it, put on the telecast so everyone can see it, instead of fueling the "refs are blind/hate us/are terrible line of thinking.   
2 points.  To your last line I would ask, which way gets more people talking?  Yup, the controversy.

Second, you make a great point that it was called a TD.  And who overturned it?  Doesn't it go back to the NFL office now?
Man, I hope that's not the case.... reeks of WWE if so, and I don't have time or energy to invest into predetermined outcomes.  It feels like that sometimes already. 

And yes I believe it was announced that every review is suppose to happen in Main Office this year, so the refs at the stadium don't get a whiskey bottle up side the head...       ....Vikings haven't got a decent called game since...   B)  

For the life of me I don't understand why we don't have goal line cams from both sides. It would eliminate the conjecture of many calls. Maybe some day. 

I've been waiting for the NFL to make greater use of technology to determine ball location, etc. Maybe it's coming?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/sport....html?_r=0

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
I've been waiting for the NFL to make greater use of technology to determine ball location, etc. Maybe it's coming?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/sport....html?_r=0
Ive been saying for 20 years that the ref needs a laser target and the chain gang needs to have a laser on it and when they want to measure for first down just flip the laser on and have the ref hold the target where the line is coming from the distance marker.  this notion of running the chain gang out is so archaic its not funny.  

also cameras,  billion dollar stadiums and we dont have cameras fixed in every venue for the most common close calls? ( the goal lines)   no reason that each goal line doenst have 3 cameras,  one elevated a bit looking down from each side and one directly over head that can see the whole thing from above.

put a damn little tracking chip in the balls and have the cameras locked onto the location of the chip,  that way they automatically follow the football in play.