Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes vs Steelers Postgame w Vikes RB Dalvin Cook

[Image: DalvinCook.jpg?fit=630%2C350&ssl=1]Vikes vs Steelers Postgame w Vikes RB Dalvin Cook
Dalvin Cook says it WAS a touchdown. He makes a great point about his team having fight in them. I really like this kids outlook and approach to the game.

Read the full story here

Our first interview with Dalvin Cook - dude thought he scored. He is great friends with Stefon Diggs, Rodney Adams, and Treadwell.

i have no clue what evidence the NFL had to reverse the call on the field.

To me when his knee touched the ground, the ball was over the top of the line or past the line and then it came down.  you can argue that the ball wasnt over the top of the line but I did not see any replay that showed a view, straight up and down the line that would justify a reversal of the call on the field.

just like the holding call after Rudy got us going with the long catch.  I believe they called the hold on #62 (?) but then showed a replay and you can aee 62 just to the right of the screen.  It sure looked like the player was clean and nothing near a hold occurred.

i think we loose the game anyway but the refs didnt help us at all with some key calls at critical times.

Dude did score... there was no clear evidence to reverse.  We've been told that "clear" is the key word but yet it's not...  Cook looked great on that run and the refs robbed him of his first(of many) NFL TDs. 

i was almost in tears... but that td is coming. skol! huge fan of #33. 

Well it WAS refed by Pete Morelli. You know the same guy from the 2009 NFC Championship game. Yep. He doesn't like us.

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
Well it WAS refed by Pete Morelli. You know the same guy from the 2009 NFC Championship game. Yep. He doesn't like us.
I actually talked to Morelli in the tunnel before the game.  It's a hard job - off the field, he is a decent guy.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
@"Purplemachine" said:
I actually talked to Morelli in the tunnel before the game.  It's a hard job - off the field, he is a decent guy.
Did you ask him why he hates us?

To be fair to Pete it was called a TD on the field so he and his crew got it right.  It was OVERTURNED in review... unless they had an angle not show on TV, they couldn't clearly tell where the ball was when his knee hit the ground.  So no clear evidence means no over turn.... well it used too anyway.  And if they did have CLEAR shot of it, put on the telecast so everyone can see it, instead of fueling the "refs are blind/hate us/are terrible line of thinking.   

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
To be fair to Pete it was called a TD on the field so he and his crew got it right.  It was OVERTURNED in review... unless they had an angle not show on TV, they couldn't clearly tell where the ball was when his knee hit the ground.  So no clear evidence means no over turn.... well it used too anyway.  And if they did have CLEAR shot of it, put on the telecast so everyone can see it, instead of fueling the "refs are blind/hate us/are terrible line of thinking.   
2 points.  To your last line I would ask, which way gets more people talking?  Yup, the controversy.

Second, you make a great point that it was called a TD.  And who overturned it?  Doesn't it go back to the NFL office now?