Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer's Presser's Are Just Brutal
Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@medaille said:
Zimmer was having a bad day. 
He was reacting poorly to the media. 
But we’ve hated every coach we’ve had for their press conferences.  “I’ll have to check the tape” by one of the
nicest guys in the world was reviled around here.

Zimmer should do better, but the press conferences are
complete bullshit and there’s nothing that can really be done with it.  It’s either fluff question that no one cares
about or a pointed question that the coach doesn’t want to answer the question
and then giving a political answer that says something but nothing at the same
time.

For any given game, I could just make up the whole question
and answer session and it would have no less value than the actual ones that
are done.
You'd have to be in one of the press conferences to see that.  There are poor questions, but few fluff ones.  Zimmer was visibly ticked off as he walked in the locker room.

As a fan, you want answers.  Media is paid to ask those questions that you want answers to.  Trust us, some media is good, others are bad.  But, none were out of line asking what they did to Zimmer yesterday.

A losing locker room sucks.  It's quiet, no one is jovial and hard to get meaningful quotes, sound bytes, etc.

If Zimmer doesn't want to answer, he is not obliged to do so, but he does owe people common courtesy.

he should have just taken a page out of lynchs play book.   " I am here so I dont get fined"

Appropriately, Zimmer apologized today:

Zimmer apologized for his curt responses to reporters' questions Sunday evening that left room to speculate about when Bradford would be back under center. The coach revealed then that the injury to Bradford's left knee would not require surgery, but that he could be back anywhere from one to six weeks.
"Sometimes after the game I'm upset, and I know our fans deserve better than that," Zimmer said. "They didn't have any wine for me in the locker room to chill out a little bit. Where I get frustrated is I want to protect my players. I'm never going to put a player out on the field that cannot take care of himself."
The Vikings coach said he thought Bradford had a chance to play in Week 2 until the quarterback went through a light pregame workout in which he wasn't able to do much to test the strength of his knee. When asked if he knew when the injury might have occurred during the team's Week 1 win against the New Orleans Saints, Zimmer said Bradford "felt it one time on a play" but that didn't lead to any major concern.
Contrary to what he said Sunday, Zimmer does not believe the injury and subsequent swelling is related to either of the two surgeries Bradford had to repair a torn ACL in 2013 and in '14.

Tice gave some great sound bites...I prefer Zim...

IMO Zimmer was told to behave. He's naive to think public and press relations aren't big parts of working in a multi-billion-dollar entertainment business.

I know most aren't going to agree but I really think they should just eliminate the press conferences right after games.  The press can write about what they witnessed on the field and then have a press conference the following day once everything has somewhat settled down.

He apologized. I like how they joked with him at the end about Teddy. It does make a difference a day after as opposed to immediately after. It was a bad day, shit happens. No big deal. I still don't have an issue with it but whatever. Live and learn. 

Appropriately, Zimmer apologized today:

Zimmer apologized for his curt responses to reporters' questions Sunday evening that left room to speculate about when Bradford would be back under center. The coach revealed then that the injury to Bradford's left knee would not require surgery, but that he could be back anywhere from one to six weeks.
"Sometimes after the game I'm upset, and I know our fans deserve better than that," Zimmer said. "They didn't have any wine for me in the locker room to chill out a little bit. Where I get frustrated is I want to protect my players. I'm never going to put a player out on the field that cannot take care of himself."
The Vikings coach said he thought Bradford had a chance to play in Week 2 until the quarterback went through a light pregame workout in which he wasn't able to do much to test the strength of his knee. When asked if he knew when the injury might have occurred during the team's Week 1 win against the New Orleans Saints, Zimmer said Bradford "felt it one time on a play" but that didn't lead to any major concern.
Contrary to what he said Sunday, Zimmer does not believe the injury and subsequent swelling is related to either of the two surgeries Bradford had to repair a torn ACL in 2013 and in '14.
Did the media insinuate the Bradford really wasn't injured? 

I got no problem with a coach being a bit pissy after a loss.  Anyone recall a guy named Burns?  Fuckers!  Or Mora?  Playoffs?  Or Billicheat?  "On to Cincinnati".  Now that guy is a royal ass most every day, but some here seem to love his style.  It has to be tedious answering the same stupid questions 4 different ways.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
He apologized. I like how they joked with him at the end about Teddy. It does make a difference a day after as opposed to immediately after. It was a bad day, shit happens. No big deal. I still don't have an issue with it but whatever. Live and learn. 
He had a rough day.  The apology was well received/

as for waiting ting til the next day, I ask that as a fan if you want to wait to know Sam's status.

Media, like them or not, are just trying to do their job.  Somebody has to ask the questions.

@Vikergirl said:

as for waiting ting til the next day, I ask that as a fan if you want to wait to know Sam's status.

Media, like them or not, are just trying to do their job.  Somebody has to ask the questions.
Wait if appropriate. If there isn't definitive information, waiting is better. I was talking about the difference between immediately after and the next day. Immediately after, everything is still so fresh and raw. 24 hours later, there is a cooling off period, the response is usually better. I understand they are trying to do there jobs but some of them are dicks about it. Coach Zimmer is trying to do his job too. Sure they can ask, but to keep asking the same question with different wording is a bit ridiculous. It sounds like we still don't exactly know what to expect from Sam anyway.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:

Wait if appropriate. If there isn't definitive information, waiting is better. I was talking about the difference between immediately after and the next day. Immediately after, everything is still so fresh and raw. 24 hours later, there is a cooling off period, the response is usually better. I understand they are trying to do there jobs but some of them are dicks about it. Coach Zimmer is trying to do his job too. Sure they can ask, but to keep asking the same question with different wording is a bit ridiculous. It sounds like we still don't exactly know what to expect from Sam anyway.
He was not being hounded about Sam. Zimmer made a huge deal about it before it was a huge deal. I also don't think Zimmer was trying to do his job at the presser. He wasn't protecting anyone but his own butt hurt feelings. We get it. He's a type A personality. That said, he's the face of a multi-billion dollar franchise, that shouldn't be looked at as a rube in charge with every loss. Gotta know when to pick your spots, or he's just another meathead with anger management issues.