Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer's Presser's Are Just Brutal
I get it Zim. You're pissed after a loss. But alienating anyone and everyone who asks a reasonable question is just bush league. Be a man and maybe let some reasonable people do their job. I'm not talking about the idiot, jackass who clearly has an ax to grind, and is looking to make his bones by churning you into his meal ticket to the next bigger media market, but for goodness sakes, stop being a dick to everyone who asks a legitimate question, and is doing their job.

This hardass, sore loser act, is beyond old. You didn't invent it, and while you're pretty good at it, it serves a very limited purpose. Head coach means you are the face of the franchise. That means having a sense of PR along with keeping your staff and team together. In short, act like a professional grown up, and give us a winner. If you can't do that, throwing passive aggressive tantrums in front of the press won't buy you any more time in the public's eyes.

If  you really have no answers, maybe it's time to look for a different line of work. 

I am totally okay with him being pissed, cost of making these guys face the media after the team plays like shit.  I guarantee he'll be more civil tomorrow.

Short and sweet or maybe not so sweet. I had no issues with it. There's work to do, time to go back to the drawing board.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
I get it Zim. You're pissed after a loss. But alienating anyone and everyone who asks a reasonable question is just bush league. Be a man and maybe let some reasonable people do their job. I'm not talking about the idiot, jackass who clearly has an ax to grind, and is looking to make his bones by churning you into his meal ticket to the next bigger media market, but for goodness sakes, stop being a dick to everyone who asks a legitimate question, and is doing their job.

This hardass, sore loser act, is beyond old. You didn't invent it, and while you're pretty good at it, it serves a very limited purpose. Head coach means you are the face of the franchise. That means having a sense of PR along with keeping your staff and team together. In short, act like a professional grown up, and give us a winner. If you can't do that, throwing passive aggressive tantrums in front of the press won't buy you any more time in the public's eyes.

If  you really have no answers, maybe it's time to look for a different line of work. 
I have been a Zimmer fan and I still am but I agree to a great extent with the OP..............There is a fine line between stern and tight lipped and a pouting crybaby. Mike.....You sir are getting very close to that line.

The act is wearing a little thin with me, also. Its just unnecessary to this level. I'm sure its a big part in why its taken SO long for him to get a HC gig. Winning is the only thing that mitigates this.

It is not acceptable.   He was over the top yesterday.  You may not like the media, in general, but most of the things he was caustic to, were questions about Sam Bradford's health.   These are the same questions every Viking fan was asking and wanted answers to.  If the media did not ask them, you'd ask why they were not doing his job.

With minor adjustments, Zimmer could have easily answered the questions without giving away competitive secrets.

It just makes me wonder if the knee is worse than we are told. True or not, such anger is bound to make people wonder if he knows another long season is ahead. Did he really want to give that impression?

Zimmer was having a bad day. 
He was reacting poorly to the media. 
But we’ve hated every coach we’ve had for their press conferences.  “I’ll have to check the tape” by one of the
nicest guys in the world was reviled around here.

Zimmer should do better, but the press conferences are
complete bullshit and there’s nothing that can really be done with it.  It’s either fluff question that no one cares
about or a pointed question that the coach doesn’t want to answer the question
and then giving a political answer that says something but nothing at the same
time.

For any given game, I could just make up the whole question
and answer session and it would have no less value than the actual ones that
are done.

Quote: @medaille said:
Zimmer was having a bad day. 
He was reacting poorly to the media. 
But we’ve hated every coach we’ve had for their press conferences.  “I’ll have to check the tape” by one of the
nicest guys in the world was reviled around here.

Zimmer should do better, but the press conferences are
complete bullshit and there’s nothing that can really be done with it.  It’s either fluff question that no one cares
about or a pointed question that the coach doesn’t want to answer the question
and then giving a political answer that says something but nothing at the same
time.

For any given game, I could just make up the whole question
and answer session and it would have no less value than the actual ones that
are done.
You'd have to be in one of the press conferences to see that.  There are poor questions, but few fluff ones.  Zimmer was visibly ticked off as he walked in the locker room.

As a fan, you want answers.  Media is paid to ask those questions that you want answers to.  Trust us, some media is good, others are bad.  But, none were out of line asking what they did to Zimmer yesterday.

A losing locker room sucks.  It's quiet, no one is jovial and hard to get meaningful quotes, sound bytes, etc.

If Zimmer doesn't want to answer, he is not obliged to do so, but he does owe people common courtesy.

I honestly don't care about his press conferences.  Be a jerk or be a daisy; just win.