Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall to Addison
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
I am a USC fan so watched most of his snaps last year, beginning of the year was impressive, gets good separation and solid hands, got banged up and was never the same, seemed to disappear in the biggest moments.  Never during the season did I consider him someone who would be a first round pick.  I think Osborne is a much more complete WR and think he holds the 2 spot.  
I had the top three in a different order, but I had Addison 4th, which is right where he went. A little concerned with how he'll get off 200 lb NFL press corners at 170 lbs, but I've since paid more attention to his release, routes and he has much better footwork than I gave him credit for. 

But I would not at all be surprised to see KJO win the WR2 job in camp over Addison. Rookies take time. And every year, KJO is underrated by fans and media, and every year he does better than anyone expects. 
Well we all heard KOC screaming "Day 1 starter!" on draft day in the midst of all the fist pumps and people bending over backwards to pat themselves on the backs after the Addison selection. It would be an upset if KJO beat out Addison to start opposite JJ. 

Why do you say this with such disdain? LOL. It's so bizarre, man. 

Anyway, I disagree. I think it would be more of an upset if Addison wins the WR2 job right out of camp. I expect KJO and Addison to be a sort of 2a and 2b early and then Addison to maybe take over later in the year. 

Just takes rookie some time to get acclimated, learn the routes, timing, etc. Remember, Diggs didn't start right away. Hell, JJ didn't even start right out of the gate. 
I'm just saying by the reaction of the room they clearly view Addison as an immediate starter. I find all the draft day theatrics comical and every draft room reacts like they just bartered an agreement for world peace. 

It's their job. It's what they do. I celebrate with my team after a successful project too. Do they lay it on a little thick for the cameras? Probably. But I find your sneering reaction to their celebration quite a bit more comical than the celebration itself. 

I'll remind us all how these guys/rooks will be swimming in the playbook. Especially a KOC offensive playbook. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JR44" said:
I am a USC fan so watched most of his snaps last year, beginning of the year was impressive, gets good separation and solid hands, got banged up and was never the same, seemed to disappear in the biggest moments.  Never during the season did I consider him someone who would be a first round pick.  I think Osborne is a much more complete WR and think he holds the 2 spot.  
I had the top three in a different order, but I had Addison 4th, which is right where he went. A little concerned with how he'll get off 200 lb NFL press corners at 170 lbs, but I've since paid more attention to his release, routes and he has much better footwork than I gave him credit for. 

But I would not at all be surprised to see KJO win the WR2 job in camp over Addison. Rookies take time. And every year, KJO is underrated by fans and media, and every year he does better than anyone expects. 
Well we all heard KOC screaming "Day 1 starter!" on draft day in the midst of all the fist pumps and people bending over backwards to pat themselves on the backs after the Addison selection. It would be an upset if KJO beat out Addison to start opposite JJ. 

Why do you say this with such disdain? LOL. It's so bizarre, man. 

Anyway, I disagree. I think it would be more of an upset if Addison wins the WR2 job right out of camp. I expect KJO and Addison to be a sort of 2a and 2b early and then Addison to maybe take over later in the year. 

Just takes rookie some time to get acclimated, learn the routes, timing, etc. Remember, Diggs didn't start right away. Hell, JJ didn't even start right out of the gate. 
I'm just saying by the reaction of the room they clearly view Addison as an immediate starter. I find all the draft day theatrics comical and every draft room reacts like they just bartered an agreement for world peace. 

It's their job. It's what they do. I celebrate with my team after a successful project too. Do they lay it on a little thick for the cameras? Probably. But I find your sneering reaction to their celebration quite a bit more comical than the celebration itself. 
It's trumped up nonsense. It's like "no junior, you didn't just barter world peace.. you drafted the 4th receiver out of 4 when nobody would trade up with you." No need to go Steve Balmer and start rubbing legs under the table. In the midst of celebration KOC proclaimed Addison as a "day 1 starter" so that should answer some questions. 

As usual, I'll just agree to disagree with you 

lol, sigh. Too funny. Addison is the Day 1 starter opposite JJ. He's more talented than any receiver on the roster outside of Jefferson. His route running is already as advertised and that ability is huge for success in the NFL. 

KOC's comment from the video on Draft day when he was selected: 'He's a Day 1 starter'. So....

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
lol, sigh. Too funny. Addison is the Day 1 starter opposite JJ. He's more talented than any receiver on the roster outside of Jefferson. His route running is already as advertised and that ability is huge for success in the NFL. 

KOC's comment from the video on Draft day when he was selected: 'He's a Day 1 starter'. So....
Just a reminder that 11-personnel (3 wides) is by far the most frequently used lineup in the NFL, so regardless of whether Addison is WR2 or WR3, he'll likely be a day 1 starter. 

Not trying to dampen expectations for Addison, but even if he doesn't start day 1 he's in good company with JJ, Diggs, Lamb, Kupp, Tyreek, Davante...