Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings doing homework on DTR
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Like I said in my mock draft, I like DTR the best out of the second tier QB prospects. I could see the Vikings rolling the dice on him 
The more I watch the more I like. He's got issues (runs too often and his wind up is a little slow), but they all got issues. I might change my mind, but right now I think I'd rather take defense in the 1st and maneuver into a QB like Hooker or DTR on day two, rather than send future high picks for one of the top 4. Smacks of Mond, but maybe we get it right this time. 
Can't get it right if you never try.  I liked the Mond pick, didn't work out, but at least take some stabs at the position.
many of us have agreed on this for a long time. even drafting a Qb that can placehold as a backup can be huge for a team. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Like I said in my mock draft, I like DTR the best out of the second tier QB prospects. I could see the Vikings rolling the dice on him 
The more I watch the more I like. He's got issues (runs too often and his wind up is a little slow), but they all got issues. I might change my mind, but right now I think I'd rather take defense in the 1st and maneuver into a QB like Hooker or DTR on day two, rather than send future high picks for one of the top 4. Smacks of Mond, but maybe we get it right this time. 
Can't get it right if you never try.  I liked the Mond pick, didn't work out, but at least take some stabs at the position.
many of us have agreed on this for a long time. even drafting a Qb that can placehold as a backup can be huge for a team. 

Wish Rick would have been on that agreement.

DTR is my favorite Day 3 Sleeper QB pick. As with any rookie QB, the keys will be putting him in a system that will allow him to flourish & pairing him with top notch QB coach.

Smoke Screen.. Might be doing due diligence.. but there is no way they are banking on the dude being the QB of the future.  Sounds like rolling the dice.

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
Smoke Screen.. Might be doing due diligence.. but there is no way they are banking on the dude being the QB of the future.  Sounds like rolling the dice.
Yep, he's a developmental type.....shouldn't be any expectations that he's going to amount to anything. 

I’ve watched a couple of games and came away unimpressed. He has a strong arm and is a dual threat, but would have to make massive improvements to ever start in the NFL. He’s also pretty small weight wise.
I never say never on a guy with arm talent (which he definitely has), but based on the game video I watched he’s a 5-6th rounder in my opinion. Purely a developmental prospect. 
Kellen Mond was better developed prospect. 
Comparison: a much smaller built Colin Kaepernick.