Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings doing homework on DTR

I would hope they're doing their homework on all these prospects @ QB.

Some of these guys are raw as sugar cane.

Knowing their ceiling has got to be art as much as science, as the landscape of QB busts reminds us. 

I like him. He will need to work on his ability to throw off script and scramble to keep plays alive. When I watch his highlights, he either throws from the Pocket or takes off running when under pressure. With our OLine, especially with Bradbury getting resigned and our sketchy Guard play in pass protection, he will need to develop that skillset in a hurry but I like his potential with some good Coaching from KOC. 

Quote: @TBro said:
I like him. He will need to work on his ability to throw off script and scramble to keep plays alive. When I watch his highlights, he either throws from the Pocket or takes off running when under pressure. With our OLine, especially with Bradbury getting resigned and our sketchy Guard play in pass protection, he will need to develop that skillset in a hurry but I like his potential with some good Coaching from KOC. 
Oh god..I'm getting Ponder Heebie Geebies...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@TBro said:
Oh god..I'm getting Ponder Heebie Geebies...

He's pretty elusive as a runner, but we are also talking about the Pac12 which in my opinion is the worst defensive conference of the Power 5 with the Big12 a close second. If he lasts until the 4th round for us to take a chance on him I would be very happy. He seems to be a lot more polished and athletic than what Mond was, with a much better arm IMO. 

Like I said in my mock draft, I like DTR the best out of the second tier QB prospects. I could see the Vikings rolling the dice on him 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Like I said in my mock draft, I like DTR the best out of the second tier QB prospects. I could see the Vikings rolling the dice on him 
The more I watch the more I like. He's got issues (runs too often and his wind up is a little slow), but they all got issues. I might change my mind, but right now I think I'd rather take defense in the 1st and maneuver into a QB like Hooker or DTR on day two, rather than send future high picks for one of the top 4. Smacks of Mond, but maybe we get it right this time. 

DTR should go 2nd or 3rd rd. 

I would like to move back from 24. The one exception I would make is if Hooker is there. He is the third best QB in this draft despite his age, injury and offense he played in.
If Hooker is unavailable DTR would be a great pick in the 3rd or 4th round. But I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 2nd or 3rd either.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
The more I watch the more I like. He's got issues (runs too often and his wind up is a little slow), but they all got issues. I might change my mind, but right now I think I'd rather take defense in the 1st and maneuver into a QB like Hooker or DTR on day two, rather than send future high picks for one of the top 4. Smacks of Mond, but maybe we get it right this time. 
Can't get it right if you never try.  I liked the Mond pick, didn't work out, but at least take some stabs at the position.