Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Vikings in play for Lamar Jackson
Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
Jackson has been on a backwards trajectory since 2019. He's 6'2" 212lbs. and has rushed for over 4,400 yds. and thrown for over 3,000 yds exactly once in his career. He's finished a season once. In dog years (or RB years) he's about 36. Anybody willing to give up 2 firsts and pay top dollar for a guy with that track record, and the track record of guys like him who live and die with their ability, or lack thereof to run, are the ones probably contemplating another barbed wire tat...
I'm sure what you are mentioning here is primarily why the market has been cool for him. Yes, he's only 26 years old, but the dude has been used and beat up big time. And exactly why Baltimore doesn't want to give this unique type of QB a ton of guaranteed money. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
https://twitter.com/pi0usdevil/status/16...89474?s=20

I always loved this one...

Lamar really needed to hire an agent a long time ago. His demands vs the market are just at odds with each other now. 

The last thing the NFL wants is fully guaranteed $ contracts. I'll guarantee you that the Wilfs and Cleveland ownership have both gotten an earful from their fellow owners over the Cousins and Watson contracts. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I always loved this one...

Lamar really needed to hire an agent a long time ago. His demands vs the market are just at odds with each other now. 

The last thing the NFL wants is fully guaranteed $ contracts. I'll guarantee you that the Wilfs and Cleveland ownership have both gotten an earful from their fellow owners over the Cousins and Watson contracts. 

I haven't looked at Watson's contract, but was Kirk's really out of line?  It was a 3 year guaranteed rather than the 5 year with 3/5ths guaranteed.