Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: Vikings in play for Lamar Jackson

Unless we can somehow do a trade involving Kirko, I cant see how this happens?  We’re not exactly flush with cash. 

0.0% chance. I know its out there a bit, but IMO its pure bullshit.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
0.0% chance. I know its out there a bit, but IMO its pure bullshit.
We already dont have picks. 2 firsts for Jackson doesn’t scare me. But how do you make it happen without unloading the Kirk salary?

[Image: dumb-and-dumber-theres-a-chance-gif.gif]

and we still wouldnt be able to afford upgrades at OL, DL, LB, WR, ......  Lamars passing hasnt impressed me enough to think he has the tools to have long term success once his elusiveness starts to leave him.  It would be a fun couple years,  but then you are looking a void created by losing those picks, likely wouldnt have invested any more draft stock into future QBs,  so you will have to ride  out a massive contract that is once again not able to lift the team around the player.

Trade down in the upcoming draft get an extra pick or two and take a flyer on somebody like Hooker that can sit for a year behind Kirk.  Use the cash on upgrading the rest of the team and Jeffersons new deal.  Let somebody else go crazy with a Jackson contract.

Really doubt the Vikings will actually go after Jackson.

I would rather take a chance and draft Hooker at 23, or see if we can work a trade down in the First to keep his 5th year option while he learns under Cousins. Both are coming off of major Knee injuries. The fact that the Ravens didn't put the exclusive Tag on him speaks volumes. Cousins durability and being able to walk away from his contract after this season is a smarter play vs. the Truckload of Money Jackson will command and parting with 2 first round picks. I'm not sure how creative we can be with a $28.5 Million Dead Cap Hit in 2024 if we decided to part ways with Kirk so that may limit what we decide to do. Jackson already turned down a fully guaranteed 3 year $133 million deal. For a guy with a 1-3 playoff record, I'm not investing $45-$50 Million per year in Jackson. 

Quote: @TBro said:
I would rather take a chance and draft Hooker at 23, or see if we can work a trade down in the First to keep his 5th year option while he learns under Cousins. Both are coming off of major Knee injuries. The fact that the Ravens didn't put the exclusive Tag on him speaks volumes. Cousins durability and being able to walk away from his contract after this season is a smarter play vs. the Truckload of Money Jackson will command and parting with 2 first round picks. I'm not sure how creative we can be with a $28.5 Million Dead Cap Hit in 2024 if we decided to part ways with Kirk so that may limit what we decide to do. Jackson already turned down a fully guaranteed 3 year $133 million deal. For a guy with a 1-3 playoff record, I'm not investing $45-$50 Million per year in Jackson. 
in fairness,  I read that he didnt turn down a fully guaranteed deal,  the 3 years 133 was part of a 5 year deal,  only 3 of it was guaranteed.