Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
The one thing I haven't ready from anyone is that these D picks had the Flores' stamp all over them...

What he values traits wise is positional flex; as much as KOC wants that from his WR's. A DL that can line-up on the outside or inside shoulder of an OG, a db that can line-up at the slot or out wide etc...

Its these traits that allow him to disguise and camaflouge pre-snap reads. Not only is he aggressive in attacking, he loves to disguise and shape shift. 
This was my thought as well. I posted in another thread but I would think he had some say on it. I mean he is going to be coaching them. I am looking forward to seeing him work. 

It took me a couple of days but I am over my hissy fit of not taking Levis Smile

Like everyone has been saying, no team would know him better.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
It took me a couple of days but I am over my hissy fit of not taking Levis Smile

That's really what I think it boils down to...  if you were really hoping we would get a potential early round franchise QB in this draft, you were disappointed since we had an opportunity to take a guy (Levis) who was highly rated by the media and draft analysts...  And we passed.

There was plenty of chatter the Vikings were going to move up for a QB if the right one fell to a spot where the could get up to.  Like Geoff said (and the Vikings draft choices indicated), we were only going after Stroud or Richardson.  We had the book on Levis and didn't take him.  I'll trust O'Connell on that decision.

If you look at it from the perspective of our early QB targets were gone and we couldn't beat Houston in trade comp for Arizona's pick...  We did the best thing.  We got a guy who should be a Day 1 starter and can develop into a high end WR2 (and maybe more) to replace Thielen.  I had the early round WRs JSN and then Addison.  So I was pretty pumped we got him after Johnson and Flowers went just before our pick.

I think we did well considering the picks we had and the direction we pivoted to when both our QB targets went #2 and #3.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"minny65" said:

That's really what I think it boils down to...  if you were really hoping we would get a potential early round franchise QB in this draft, you were disappointed since we had an opportunity to take a guy (Levis) who was highly rated by the media and draft analysts...  And we passed.

There was plenty of chatter the Vikings were going to move up for a QB if the right one fell to a spot where the could get up to.  Like Geoff said (and the Vikings draft choices indicated), we were only going after Stroud or Richardson.  We had the book on Levis and didn't take him.  I'll trust O'Connell on that decision.

If you look at it from the perspective of our early QB targets were gone and we couldn't beat Houston in trade comp for Arizona's pick...  We did the best thing.  We got a guy who should be a Day 1 starter and can develop into a high end WR2 (and maybe more) to replace Thielen.  I had the early round WRs JSN and then Addison.  So I was pretty pumped we got him after Johnson and Flowers went just before our pick.

I think we did well considering the picks we had and the direction we pivoted to when both our QB targets went #2 and #3.

I had Flowers first, then QJ, then JSN, with Addison 4th. But all four were worthy of a 1st round pick. I'd be very curious to know who the Vikings would've taken if all four had been available. 

It's a little depressing we got the last receiver in a 4-player run, but I've since learned things about Addison that I didn't know before the draft. One, that his deep game is better than I thought it was and, two, that he's a better route runner and separator than I gave him credit for.

Post-draft, after considering who would best fit with JJ, I'd move Addison 3rd behind Flowers and JSN. But who ends up a better pro is anyone's guess. Odds are it will be Addison considering who his WR1 is.

Addison is certainly not a Treadwell, Ruggs or Reagor pick, all of whom I hated and didn't even rank in my top 5. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"minny65" said:

I had Flowers first, then QJ, then JSN, with Addison 4th. But all four were worthy of a 1st round pick. I'd be very curious to know who the Vikings would've taken if all four had been available. 

It's a little depressing we got the last receiver in a 4-player run, but I've since learned things about Addison that I didn't know before the draft. One, that his deep game is better than I thought it was and, two, that he's a better route runner and separator than I gave him credit for.

Post-draft, after considering who would best fit with JJ, I'd move Addison 3rd behind Flowers and JSN. But who ends up a better pro is anyone's guess. Odds are it will be Addison considering who his WR1 is.

Addison is certainly not a Treadwell, Ruggs or Reagor pick, all of whom I hated and didn't even rank in my top 5. 

I had actually moved Mingo up into 3rd in my final rankings behind Hyatt and JSN. Had Addison as my 4th ranked receiver. I just didn't see enough "wow" factor when I watched him on tape this last season. His combination of average to below average size, speed and production made him a tough evaluation in contrast to his Pitt production. I like the fact that we took a swing though because WR #2 was huge on the needs list and a lot of the "experts" absolutely love Addison. NFL Network had him as the rookie receiver likely to make the biggest impact this upcoming season, so I hope that's the case. 

Are we going to get the Addison from Pitt? Or the Addison from USC? 

I believe he was hurt last year and that threw a bunch of cold water on his stats. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:

[Image: giphy.gif]