Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Winner
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
Hurts was on his way to MVP...

Eagles did a great job the 1st 1/2 keeping Mahomes and the offense on the sidelines. 2nd 1/2, not so good. 

Besides Mahomes, the hero of this SB was the Chiefs entire OL. 

Reid was sure pimping Bienemy after the game. Not sure EB will get a legit HC interview or not. 
I think the fumble recovery for a TD in the first half skewed the TOP some.  But the Eagles like methodical drives and kept Mahomes from working his magic.  Until the second half.

The Eagles o-line makes me very jealous.  They moved the LOS so much on those sneaks.
it doesnt Hurts to have a QB that can squat a million pounds and basically moves the line by himself.  ( see what I did there?) 

that young man is an impressive athlete.
Lol, he crowd surfed on several of those sneaks.  Sure he is an impressive athlete, he is a starting QB in the NFL, in a superbowl.  But don't kid yourself, if that line doesn't get 3 yards of push every sneak, he might be a little less impressive.
Ive watched him numerous times this year,  and IMO he is a big part of why that line moves,  they have gotten stood up and once he adds to the push, shit starts happening.   I am betting he is pushing more than some OLmen.  He was videod in college of squatting 600#,  thats likely more than many pro linemen,  at least the ones I watch on most sundays.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
Hurts was on his way to MVP...

Eagles did a great job the 1st 1/2 keeping Mahomes and the offense on the sidelines. 2nd 1/2, not so good. 

Besides Mahomes, the hero of this SB was the Chiefs entire OL. 

Reid was sure pimping Bienemy after the game. Not sure EB will get a legit HC interview or not. 
I think the fumble recovery for a TD in the first half skewed the TOP some.  But the Eagles like methodical drives and kept Mahomes from working his magic.  Until the second half.

The Eagles o-line makes me very jealous.  They moved the LOS so much on those sneaks.
it doesnt Hurts to have a QB that can squat a million pounds and basically moves the line by himself.  ( see what I did there?) 

that young man is an impressive athlete.
Lol, he crowd surfed on several of those sneaks.  Sure he is an impressive athlete, he is a starting QB in the NFL, in a superbowl.  But don't kid yourself, if that line doesn't get 3 yards of push every sneak, he might be a little less impressive.
Ive watched him numerous times this year,  and IMO he is a big part of why that line moves,  they have gotten stood up and once he adds to the push, shit starts happening.   I am betting he is pushing more than some OLmen.  He was videod in college of squatting 600#,  thats likely more than many pro linemen,  at least the ones I watch on most sundays.
Hadn't watched him until yesterday.  The line got low and moved the pile.  Anyone could have crowdsurfed for a yard on their backs.

https://twitter.com/Yfz84/status/1624974...08449?s=20&t=u-rjrXoG10Nf24HViw9--A
Look at how short those arms are on McDuffie... :p

https://twitter.com/Yfz84/status/1624974...08449?s=20&t=u-rjrXoG10Nf24HViw9--A
wasnt his throwing shoulder hurt a month or so ago?  I was wondering how a pro QB could only make it about 50 yards on a chuck it up and pray type throw.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
wasnt his throwing shoulder hurt a month or so ago?  I was wondering how a pro QB could only make it about 50 yards on a chuck it up and pray type throw.
yeah, that makes sense.  They were way to far for the hail mary anyway.  Needed to do the lateral game.

Facing one of the fiercest pass rushes in NFL history, Kansas City's offensive line surrendered zero sacks and one hit in the 38-35 win over the Eagles.

In three postseason games, the Chiefs' line gave up zero sacks and four hits.

Four of the starters were acquired in 2021, months after Mahomes was helpless behind a decimated line in a 31-9 Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay.

Humphrey and Smith, both 23, were second- and sixth-round picks, respectively. Thuney, 30, was a prized free-agent acquisition and Brown, 26, came via a blockbuster trade.

Wylie, 28, was a street free agent pickup in 2017. Both tackles, Brown and Wylie, are set to become unrestricted free agents. You can bet their agents have an ally in Mahomes.

https://www.startribune.com/five-extra-points-nfl-chiefs-eagles-vikings-coaching-hot-seat-mark-craig/600251353/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Facing one of the fiercest pass rushes in NFL history, Kansas City's offensive line surrendered zero sacks and one hit in the 38-35 win over the Eagles.

Four of the starters were acquired in 2021, months after Mahomes was helpless behind a decimated line in a 31-9 Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay.

Humphrey and Smith, both 23, were second- and sixth-round picks, respectively. Thuney, 30, was a prized free-agent acquisition and Brown, 26, came via a blockbuster trade.

Wylie, 28, was a street free agent pickup in 2017. Both tackles, Brown and Wylie, are set to become unrestricted free agents. You can bet their agents have an ally in Mahomes.

https://www.startribune.com/five-extra-points-nfl-chiefs-eagles-vikings-coaching-hot-seat-mark-craig/600251353/
the media cannot count obviously. The 1989 Vikings had 71 sacks, the bears 72, eagles were tied with a few other teams at 70 (in a 17 gane season).  So yes, 71 is still more than 70 even in todays bizarre world.

Humphrey and Smith are the keys to that OL. You can pick up guys like Brown and Wylie almost any year, but you don't find talent like Humphrey and Smith in the 3rd and 6th rounds very often. Smith had the blood clot issue which scared off a lot of teams in the draft. Humphrey's problem was short arms (don't get me started). 

Wow, Eagles tried the Ram's approach of buying a title before they have to part ways with many of their players.

Quote: Ten players who started on Sunday are due to hit unrestricted free agency. Seven of them are defenders: James Bradberry, Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave, T.J. Edwards, Marcus Epps, C.J. Gardner-Johnson and Linval Joseph. And that doesn't include two other key defenders, Brandon Graham and Kyzir White. All-Pro center Jason Kelce and guard Isaac Seumalo also are free agents.
Cox, Hargrave and Graham have been their key on the D line.  Looks like their D might have a different look next year.