Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes hiring Flores
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
What Zimmer needed or didn't need is completely irrelevant in 2023. What needs to be seen is what players Flores needs to be successful this upcoming season.
is it though,  when those needs are still an issue, and I havent seen a scheme yet that doesnt start with controlling the LOS.
Yes it is, I agree that controlling the LOS is the start of a successful defense. Maybe it's just me, but I no longer give a shit what Zimmer did, he's no longer coaching the team. What matters is how Flores' defense does this.
simply pointing out that the issues that Zim,  and then Ed faced are likely the same issues that will hamper Flores if they are not addressed.  I think the 34 with the players we had was a awful decision,  but the lack of controlling the DL will derail any defensive system regardless of who is the DC... and that issue goes back to the front office not identifying need and addressing it.
I agree, and realistically we could be looking for 3 new starters along that defensive front. Tomlinson is too up and down for me and I'm indifferent if he leaves in free agency. Phillips is just a guy. Tonga is a depth player and shouldn't be starting. None of these guys gives you much outside of just being bodies and we need actual difference makers. The fact that we were still fiddling around trying to address the line a week before the season started was ridiculous. Trading for Blacklock (who did nothing) and bringing in Bullard. Kwesi needs to do a much better job addressing that deficiency this offseason. 

Any word on possible staff additions/changes coming along w/ Flores hiring…?