Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you trade a 3rd for Lance?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
Ya know I find it really humorous that many here want to get rid of Cousins but we keep getting reminded that Shanahan wants him. Shanahan is one of the best offensive minds in the game and if he wants Cousins so bad why wouldn't the Vikings want him?

I understand the cap ramifications but that's part of today's NFL. I really don't think Lance would be able to step in and be as good as Cousins and what other solution do they have to replace his durability and accuracy? Not to mention how JJ and others would react to an obvious rebuild move.

But you can bet that the next several weeks are going to be filled with breathless, unhinged trade talk and speculation with no bearing in reality. 
Since the Twitter era, this is standard operating procedure. Reality plays no part in 90% of it.

Regardless of trades, draft picks, Lamar Jackson, please keep Nick Mullens.  He is a capable starter if need be, has Case like moxie and ability.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Regardless of trades, draft picks, Lamar Jackson, please keep Nick Mullens.  He is a capable starter if need be, has Case like moxie and ability.
I agree,   he may never be a hi level guy,  but his skills seem to hit about every aspect of what you want in a modern QB.  Let him and a rookie compete for the #2 spot this year behind a veteran placeholder.  Then they compete for the #1 in 24.