Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury Status
  • Giants nose tackle Dexter Lawrence had a team-high eight pressures against quarterback Kirk Cousins, according to NFL Next Gen Stats.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
He was abysmal yesterday and I don't think it had anything to do with the injury. He's just an undersized center who lacks the functional strength to hold up against bigger players. Got absolutely dominated all game long by Dexter Lawrence yesterday. He was a little better this year overall, but I wouldn't give him much in the way of a new contract.
ive had it with these "athletic" IOL,  we need some big nasty IOL that can move the LOS in our favor once in a while,  never mind all they zone blocking BS,  is it impossible for big nastly OL to zone block when the situation calls for it, because its does seem impossible for these smaller athletic OL to drop and anchor and stonewall a big DT these days or to impose his will on them in the run game without some help from the side.
We wouldn't be having the debate about the 4th and 8 checkdown by Cousins if Bradbury could have made his block. I don't care what his size is. He's weak. There is little ability to a robust run game when your line gets no push. Spielman brought in Bradbury because he was quick and could get to the second level in the outside zone scheme, and he's not too bad at that. But he lacks functional strength to pass block or reset the line of scrimmage in the Vikings favor.
Given the dearth of talent on defense, Bradbury will likely be resigned and the offense will still be good. But they could be even better.

I'm unsure what other OCs will be available & most likely a couple more may hit the market as teams get their Cap in compliance, but I sure wouldn't mind shopping around for better & possibly cheaper options.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
He was abysmal yesterday and I don't think it had anything to do with the injury. He's just an undersized center who lacks the functional strength to hold up against bigger players. Got absolutely dominated all game long by Dexter Lawrence yesterday. He was a little better this year overall, but I wouldn't give him much in the way of a new contract.
ive had it with these "athletic" IOL,  we need some big nasty IOL that can move the LOS in our favor once in a while,  never mind all they zone blocking BS,  is it impossible for big nastly OL to zone block when the situation calls for it, because its does seem impossible for these smaller athletic OL to drop and anchor and stonewall a big DT these days or to impose his will on them in the run game without some help from the side.
We wouldn't be having the debate about the 4th and 8 checkdown by Cousins if Bradbury could have made his block. I don't care what his size is. He's weak. There is little ability to a robust run game when your line gets no push. Spielman brought in Bradbury because he was quick and could get to the second level in the outside zone scheme, and he's not too bad at that. But he lacks functional strength to pass block or reset the line of scrimmage in the Vikings favor.
Given the dearth of talent on defense, Bradbury will likely be resigned and the offense will still be good. But they could be even better.
In fairness to Bradbury, Lawrence stunted and looped to the outside of Cleveland while the Giants sent a Blitzer between Bradbury and Ingram. It was Cleveland who looked like he was on roller skates when Lawrence pushed him into Cousins face. Regardless, your point is well taken and Bradbury is just another guy who has never lived up to his first round grade. You are spot on as far as what his biggest issue is. He can't hold up at the point of attack with his smallish frame and lack of strength. Great technique doesn't matter when you are facing a 350lb beast like Lawrence and there are plenty of guys like him that routinely exploited the middle of our defense week in and week out for more years than I can remember. We haven't had a decent center since Matt Birk in my opinion.