Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goal Line TD That Was Reversed
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@comet52 said:
@mgobluevikes said:

Pick up @11:46. With the camera angle directly on the goal line, tell me that it was irrefutable video evidence. (The supposed standard to overturn a call). The deceiving overhead camera angle from 5 yards back made it look like his entire upper body had crossed the goal line.
In the goal line shot at 11:45 you can't see the ball but the front of his body is clearly crossing the plane.  The ball in other shots is pinned to his chest with both hands as the pile gets pushed in.  I don't see any mystery here, it was a td.
I look at that shot and compare his helmet to the far goal line marker,  while the helmet barely gets to the marker,  the ball would not be to it and he gets pushed back from there.    But like the rule states,  there needs to be video evidence to ov we rule the call on the field and that evidence isn't there.  In no shots can we see the ball or enough proof that the ball broke the plane,  just bad camera angles or obstructed views.  Call should have stood IMO,  not saying it would have been the right call,  but it wasn't irrefutable proof to the contrary as another poster claims.
Yes, I see nothing in those replays to overturn the call.  IMO it looks like the ball likely crossed the plane, but as close as it is, not being able to see the ball in that goal line view means it should have stood.