Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Vikings so good in the 4th quarter?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
[Image: axud1vuxdm3a1.jpg]
From Sunday on out the Vikings have the 32nd hardest ranked schedule. So hopefully that translates into more wins and by larger margins.

But yet 2 of those 5 teams have shit stomped the Vikings and our lone win on that list came against their backup QB.  I dont think we want to know what our games with the other 2 would like.

We've had a nice season,  things fell our teams way for once,  but despite the record we've got,  and we could end up 15-2, but I dont see this ride ending pretty.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
But yet 2 of those 5 teams have shit stomped the Vikings and our lone win on that list came against their backup QB.  I dont think we want to know what our games with the other 2 would like.

We've had a nice season,  things fell our teams way for once,  but despite the record we've got,  and we could end up 15-2, but I dont see this ride ending pretty.
When has it ever, regardless how good the team might be? Saying the ride won't be 'ending pretty' for the Vikings is like saying water is wet or ice is cold. Minnesota was 15-1 one season, played like the most dominant team in the NFL, had home field advantage in the playoffs and it didn't 'end pretty'. Until that actually changes, if it ever does, most of us will 100% be expecting to be holding the shitty end of the stick at some point. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

When has it ever, regardless how good the team might be? Saying the ride won't be 'ending pretty' for the Vikings is like saying water is wet or ice is cold. Minnesota was 15-1 one season, played like the most dominant team in the NFL, had home field advantage in the playoffs and it didn't 'end pretty'. Until that actually changes, if it ever does, most of us will 100% be expecting to be holding the shitty end of the stick at some point. 

[Image: il_570xN.4033056757_trxg.jpg]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

[Image: il_570xN.4033056757_trxg.jpg]

Yes sir. That's the best way. Its been a fun ride thus far for sure!

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
From Sunday on out the Vikings have the 32nd hardest ranked schedule. So hopefully that translates into more wins and by larger margins.
I'm reminded of a well-known sign on I-70 coming out of the mountains toward Denver. "Truckers, don't be fooled. You're not down yet." 

Doesn't matter who you play, but when you play them. We play the Colts after their bye. The Lions, a much better team than their record, have won three of their last four and the one loss was against the Bills, by 3 points. And then of course the games in Green Bay and Chicago in January. 

At this point, wins and losses aren't what's important. It's getting healthy and playing better, especially on defense. 

Enjoy the Ride!

Man, I can’t remember a year that’s been more fun since ‘98. As good as the Vikings were in ‘09, as a Vikings fan, you just knew something was going to F it up. In ‘17, by brother in law (a Bears fan) said, “The Vikings are going to the Super Bowl”. I thought, You don’t know the Vikings well enough.

This year is different. Not that it will end in a Super Bowl win, but that it doesn’t really matter. I’m enjoying the ride.

The loss to the Eagles, my first thought was that the Vikings were predicted to win 8 or 9 games by a lot of “experts”. So, maybe they were right.

Blow out loss to the Cowboys, I was in Mexico enjoying my vacation and when my wife asked if I wanted to go to the sports bar at the resort to watch the game, I said I’d rather spend time at the pool. Past me would have definitely been at the bar.

I’d love to win one before I die, but over the years the highs and lows of winning and losing as a Vikings fan took its toll. 
I’m enjoying the ride! No matter how it ends.