Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Vikings so good in the 4th quarter?
Interesting article. Couple takeaways: Defense probably can't sustain it, but Cousins has been clutch for years. 

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethes...th-quarter

Thats a good read...It'd be nice if they didnt have to have these clutch 4th quarters cause that's just not sustainable or good for my health. 

Regression to the mean - reminds me of my market research days (ugh)

Interesting the impact TJH has had on the overall passing averages for KC since he got here.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Thats a good read...It'd be nice if they didnt have to have these clutch 4th quarters cause that's just not sustainable or good for my health. 

Regression to the mean - reminds me of my market research days (ugh)

Interesting the impact TJH has had on the overall passing averages for KC since he got here.  
A good, athletic pass catching TE in today's NFL is gold. TJ is just going to become incrementally more impactful. 

because they have to be,  the 10 points they get off their first 2 drives in most games and then nothing for 2 quarters is rarely good enough.

Last year you could just sense a nervous energy with the team that they were just expecting things to go wrong in the 4th quarter, this year's team seems like they expect to win and that they are going to do what they need to do to make that happen.  They seem more relaxed and confident in the 4th quarter, there is no sense of panic, it seems like they are enjoying the biggest moments of the games.  

So much of this imo traces to KOC...They play calling and attitude in that locker room. 

Exemplary!

So much of this imo traces to KOC...They play calling and attitude in that locker room. 

Exemplary!
Agreed

Exemplary!
Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but this is a great example of how KOC communicates with the team on game day. Worth the watch...

I think so much of this is that we just have a lot of studs
on this team, and they’ve been relatively healthy.  I think KOC’s positive attitude definitely
helps players perform up to their full potential.  I think when you are at the NFL level, every
little thing matters so much.

Like, where would we be if we had 2020 and 2021 injury luck
and Hunter was out for most of the season? 
There are so many instances, where we’ve needed one player to do exactly
what they did to get the win, and if they were half distracted by having to
cover for some other player, they might have been half a step late and
everything changes.  Like if we lost Hunter, Smith, or Peterson, I think our record is much more mediocre and things seem less magical.

I think we’ve just got a lot to be grateful for.

[Image: axud1vuxdm3a1.jpg]