Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 vs 2022
The way we are playing at the end of the half and end of games is night and day different from last year. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
2022 is the first year since 2017 that the Vikings have finished September with a winning record...

Just sayin..

We stole a win yesterday so I wouldn't be to fast to heap on the accolades.
And good on that, last year there was plenty woulda, shoulda, coulda on some of the losses. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
2022 is the first year since 2017 that the Vikings have finished September with a winning record...

Just sayin..

Teams steal wins all the time, every week. Do we put an asterisk behind this win then? Every successful team in the NFL that has over 10 wins has a game or two they steal. Not saying the Vikings are that kind of team this year, but it happens.

"The Witching Hour: where wins turn to losses and losses turn to wins" - NFL Redzone

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Just sayin..

And good on that, last year there was plenty woulda, shoulda, coulda on some of the losses. 
Some? All but one really. 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
A win is a win. If they make the playoffs most won't go back and say "well they barely won this game or that game". 
Most. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Just sayin..

Teams steal wins all the time, every week. Do we put an asterisk behind this win then? Every successful team in the NFL that has over 10 wins has a game or two they steal. Not saying the Vikings are that kind of team this year, but it happens.

"The Witching Hour: where wins turn to losses and losses turn to wins" - NFL Redzone
Drove me crazy how the Packers would frequently pull out games like this and you'd argue "they're really not as good as their record." But then they'd play better later in the season. So winning while you're not playing well is huge.

For most NFL teams, games like this tend to even out over time. You win some and lose some. But I'm not going to apologize for this one considering we had a decade's share of nail biters go the other way for us last year. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Just sayin..

Drove me crazy how the Packers would frequently pull out games like this and you'd argue "they're really not as good as their record." But then they'd play better later in the season. So winning while you're not playing well is huge.

For most NFL teams, games like this tend to even out over time. You win some and lose some. But I'm not going to apologize for this one considering we had a decade's share of nail biters go the other way for us last year. 

This is true, but we should be careful how fast we talk about how great their September record is under KOC. Its not like we've walked out as a formidable force the last two weeks. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Just sayin..

This is true, but we should be careful how fast we talk about how great their September record is under KOC. Its not like we've walked out as a formidable force the last two weeks. 
No doubt. That's why I say winning when you're not playing well is huge.