Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 vs 2022
Want a good swift kick in the nuts?
So far 3 games in we're averaging 8 yard less of offense and giving up 30 yard more on defense. 

Small sample size so far for 2022 but we're not any better of a team yardage-wise.  We are giving up 7 less points a game which is big so far.

2022 is the first year since 2017 that the Vikings have finished September with a winning record...

Just sayin..

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
2022 is the first year since 2017 that the Vikings have finished September with a winning record...

Just sayin..

We stole a win yesterday so I wouldn't be to fast to heap on the accolades.

You wish we had a lousier record so you could feel more right?

I’ll admit yesterday during the game I thought to myself, “this feels exactly like a Mike Zimmer game from the past two seasons,” but then something miraculous happened— we won!

Team is a big time work in progress but if the Vikings can compile wins along the way while they figure it out, I can’t ask for more than that. Winning cures all!

Not too surprising. Remember, the Vikings offense played incredibly well in those 1st two losses. Cousins played great in both. We lost because our defense couldn't hang, then lost a fumble and missed a field goal. Game 3 was the blowout against Seattle. After three games, Cousins had 8 TDs and 0 INTs for a ridiculous passer rating. 

It's going to take some time for him to settle into this offense. If we can keep winning until that happens, we should be in good shape. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
You wish we had a lousier record so you could feel more right?

Yes, that is exactly what I want. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Not too surprising. Remember, the Vikings offense played incredibly well in those 1st two losses. Cousins played great in both. We lost because our defense couldn't hang, then lost a fumble and missed a field goal. Game 3 was the blowout against Seattle. After three games, Cousins had 8 TDs and 0 INTs for a ridiculous passer rating. 

It's going to take some time for him to settle into this offense. If we can keep winning until that happens, we should be in good shape. 

I didn't grab stats through 3 games on 2021.  I compared the entire 2021 season the the first 3 games of 2022.  And yes, we had some incredible bad luck last year.  Hopefully that fixes itself and we get better as the year goes on.

Even in the Grant SB years, the Norris games were fugly and difficult...

We've all heard the old sayings about tossing out the records when it comes to divisional games and it holds true today. 

I think whenever you can get a win in this league of razor thin margins you take it. 

Besides, the football gods owe us - big time. 

A win is a win. If they make the playoffs most won't go back and say "well they barely won this game or that game".