Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News, Bad News
Kirk had a 93.5 QBR today...

Couple nice reads and TD's to AT and KJO too.

Olde Kirk is who he is, we're probably all in agreement we'd like to get that next QB in the next draft. 

Anyone notice that Mattison slimmed down a bit? Not as bulky. It shows out there, he's more elusive yet still strong as a bull. He looks really good. We can roll with him in London if necessary. Cook had a dislocated shoulder, I think him coming back already for next Sunday is slim mostly because of extreme soreness. Another week he'll be good to go.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:
With the injury to Cook its good that they didn't trade Mattison, they will need him going forward.

Maybe the two misses by Joseph were caused by the doors being open after seeing the Lions kicker also missing in that direction.

Nice to see Thielen with some big catches.

Did Irv Smith really have an impact in the game, Mundt with some big catches maybe deserves more attention than Smith in the offense.
I dont know if you're local or not? But I will say the wind gusts outside today are crazy! (47 mph in the twin cities)
Maybe I'm wrong here,   but I was laughing every time the announcers suggested the doors being open as the reason for the misses,   on thing is they were missed off the foot,  they never started on target and drifted right,   they were simply pushed,  we didn't see any drift on the shorter kicks that were made.

Also,  doesn't there have to be a place for the wind to go?  If you only have one window open in your house,  or windows on only one side,  you get a little air flow,   but in order to make something happen you really also need open windows on the opposing side as well for a place for that wind to exit.  I doubt it was simply blowing in one door,  around the stadium and back out a different door in the same direction.

MIaybe I'm wrong,  but this seemed just like a kicker trying to hard. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:
With the injury to Cook its good that they didn't trade Mattison, they will need him going forward.

Maybe the two misses by Joseph were caused by the doors being open after seeing the Lions kicker also missing in that direction.

Did Irv Smith really have an impact in the game, Mundt with some big catches maybe deserves more attention than Smith in the offense.
I dont know if you're local or not? But I will say the wind gusts outside today are crazy! (47 mph in the twin cities)
Maybe I'm wrong here,   but I was laughing every time the announcers suggested the doors being open as the reason for the misses,   on thing is they were missed off the foot,  they never started on target and drifted right,   they were simply pushed,  we didn't see any drift on the shorter kicks that were made.

Also,  doesn't there have to be a place for the wind to go?  If you only have one window open in your house,  or windows on only one side,  you get a little air flow,   but in order to make something happen you really also need open windows on the opposing side as well for a place for that wind to exit.  I doubt it was simply blowing in one door,  around the stadium and back out a different door in the same direction.

I'm with you on the logic. BUT....4 missed FGs? That's a lot of misses. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:

Josephs were simply miss hit IMO,  the trajectory was way low like he was trying to hit one from 70,  think about that 60+ he hit in camp,  that thing was still pretty high ,  these seemed to start low right and just stayed that way,  seemed evident on both of them right away that they weren't gonna be good.  Like I said though,  I might be wrong.  Maybe they need to install wind socks on the goal posts. :p

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:

Josephs were simply miss hit IMO,  the trajectory was way low like he was trying to hit one from 70,  think about that 60+ he hit in camp,  that thing was still pretty high ,  these seemed to start low right and just stayed that way,  seemed evident on both of them right away that they weren't gonna be good.  Like I said though,  I might be wrong.  Maybe they need to install wind socks on the goal posts. :p

Maybe it’s like me teeing off next to water, that shit is permanently messing w/ my head…  Wink :p  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:

Maybe it’s like me teeing off next to water, that shit is permanently messing w/ my head…  Wink :p  
You're preaching to the choir.  Although I did par Alcatraz the one round I played on the Stadium course.  Lipped out the birdie.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Anyone notice that Mattison slimmed down a bit? Not as bulky. It shows out there, he's more elusive yet still strong as a bull. He looks really good. We can roll with him in London if necessary. Cook had a dislocated shoulder, I think him coming back already for next Sunday is slim mostly because of extreme soreness. Another week he'll be good to go.
I wonder if it’s the new # that make him look slimmer too. I thought he and Cook look faster this year. I kind of attributed the numbers to the slimmer and faster look.