Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News, Bad News
The bad news: Can we stop anyone? Can we stop the run? Can we pressure the QB at all? Can our linebackers cover anyone underneath? Can our OL, full of 1st and 2nd rounders, ever learn to pass protect, pick up the blitz? Magic 8 ball says "outlook not so good. "

Lions played better. I think we got a little lucky in this one. 

The good news: A scratch and claw win like this is what this team failed to do SO many times last year. That's a good sign. Also, a win like this can be a springboard. Wow, just typing that and I still can't believe we pulled a W from that game. 

Butt-ugly win, but I'll take it. 

I was thinking about that spring-board analogy too...

But they do have some issues that may haunt them this year, for the year. 

All that said, traveling to London @ 2/1 I'll take every day of the week and as AGR pointed out; 2/0 in the division aint a bad start.

With the injury to Cook its good that they didn't trade Mattison, they will need him going forward.

Maybe the two misses by Joseph were caused by the doors being open after seeing the Lions kicker also missing in that direction.

Nice to see Thielen with some big catches.

Did Irv Smith really have an impact in the game, Mundt with some big catches maybe deserves more attention than Smith in the offense.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
With the injury to Cook its good that they didn't trade Mattison, they will need him going forward.

Maybe the two misses by Joseph were caused by the doors being open after seeing the Lions kicker also missing in that direction.

Did Irv Smith really have an impact in the game, Mundt with some big catches maybe deserves more attention than Smith in the offense.
I dont know if you're local or not? But I will say the wind gusts outside today are crazy! (47 mph in the twin cities)

We did get lucky and it's about damn time too. Yeah there are a lot of questions that need to be addressed and things to work on. Cook has been piling up the injuries so we have to consider that. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Greylock" said:

I dont know if you're local or not? But I will say the wind gusts outside today are crazy! (47 mph in the twin cities)
Why have the doors open? 
It’s an indoor facility for a reason! 
Weather! 

Good news we hung in there and got the win, we didn't trade Mattison as we really needed him today.  The bad news is that for 2nd week the team looked totally unprepared on both sides of the ball and played with no passion.  The defensive front 5 looks awful and have been a total non-factor, no pressure on the QB at all, have not seen Hunter in two weeks.  

Wins today: 1
Style points: 0

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Wins today: 1
Style points: 0
And frankly, thats a typical Norris game too. 

Agreed with all the Good news, agreed with all the Bad news, and would just add under not news: our QB. For better or worse Kirk looks to be the same guy we’ve seen the past 4 years. Nice comeback today but some seriously dud drives in the process.