Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Managing Expectations
My two big expectations for the season were 1) Cousins would be more consistent and perform better in high pressure situations with the support of KOC and 2) the defense would not be productive in the 3-4 scheme cause we do not have the personnel for it.  Kirk was really disappointing, it looks like nothing will ever change with him, Smith crushed him with the drop on a perfect pass, but he had that familiar deer in headlights look all night and never showed any kind of leadership to pick the team up, bummer.

The defense was even worse than I thought it would be.  Our DC is clueless, our DBs were not even in the picture at the start of the play, he doesn't look like an NFL coach, how he could continue to run the same defense the entire game was just an embarrassment.  I don't blame the players, we could have had pro bowlers at every position and it wouldn't matter since he had everyone so far out of position. 

They definitely need to stop forcing the ball to JJ. Between that, the picks and the drops it was a real frustrating night for the offense.

Not sure what the Donatell was calling last night but the defense looked completely lost for the most part. 

Their punter is great though.

Yesterday was within my expectations, on offense.  We have very little experience on the offensive coaching staff.  It's a new system.  I think Cousins will have games like this until he has a better grasp on the offense.  This is exactly how Cousins looked early in the Zimmer era, as he learned the new systems.  I think by midseason, things will be clicking.  I just hope that we don't drop too many games early.
On defense:  that was an exceptionally bad gameplan.  I don't think there's any other way to interpret it.  Hopefully, we just don't do that again, and can return to being more aggressive.

Guess what? More growing pains with a new coaching staff and a rookie head coach. I am expecting an up and down roller coaster. It's like that relationship that you know is not good for you but you get sucked back thinking something changed. It's going to take time. Yeah I know no one wants to hear that, hell I didn't want to type that but it's true. Definitely need to spread the ball around more. And the defense, good God is a mess

Hope for the best, plan for the worst, and you will not be disappointed with our Vikes...  Hope the coaches can make some adjustments for Detroit.