Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes retired
Quote: @StickyBun said:
lol, stubborn kids. Take things so personal.
True but that is quite normal at that stage of life. 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@StickyBun said:

Like being almost stood up on prom night.  Life just flows like water on river stones for these young men.
Yep. But Al, the road forward has a myriad of pathways. One slight turn for some is a lifetime of despair. Having someone that keeps you mostly moving forward with a gentle nudge towards center is everything.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
It is....but that's when parental guidance kicks in. Some don't have that, I get that. Yet life's everyday is tenuous. Be the advocate. At some point, our kids have to do better for themselves. 

@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
It is....but that's when parental guidance kicks in. Some don't have that, I get that. Yet life's everyday is tenuous. Be the advocate.
Of course that is a factor but people mature differently also there is a lot of insecurity and uncertainty in football.

@StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
It is....but that's when parental guidance kicks in. Some don't have that, I get that. Yet life's everyday is tenuous. Be the advocate.
Of course that is a factor but people mature differently also there is a lot of insecurity and uncertainty in football.
I don't think its football related, its lower income related. Street cred in professional sports. Doesn't align as Trae is a commodity. Rich man's game.

@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
I don't think its football related, its lower income related. Street cred in professional sports. Doesn't align as Trae is a commodity. Rich man's game.
It could be both. He was looking for security, nothing wrong with that. Football culture wants you to be tough all the time. A lot of people want to elevate nothing wrong with that, it is called having dreams and goals to aspire to. He wanted to know where where he was going. Some people will say he is being petty or bitter and maybe so but it makes sense why nothing came out before.

@StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
@StickyBun said:
It could be both. He was looking for security, nothing wrong with that. Football culture wants you to be tough all the time. A lot of people want to elevate nothing wrong with that, it is called having dreams and goals to aspire to. He wanted to know where where he was going. Some people will say he is being petty or bitter and maybe so but it makes sense why nothing came out before.
He was going to get security regardless. He knew he would be top 15. He's just being very immature, which is par for the course, situationally. This wasn't going to be impact his 'dreams', they were coming. You can call out young people for their mistakes, it's fine. I think Trae saying this is actually mature, its a retrospective take. We need to hold young people accountable for things, not everything can be rationalized away.

Erin Rodgers is still crying about be passed bye.....this Waynes thing is a big nothing burger par for the course.