Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft: A Plan for the Future
I don't think trading back to early 20's nets you a 4th this year and a 1st rd pick next year. I think you're looking at a  2nd rounder next year. That kinda blows up the scenario. Would rather use that 3rd rounder on a bonafide IOL or S rather than LB given the new scheme. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
I don't think trading back to early 20's nets you a 4th this year and a 1st rd pick next year. I think you're looking at a  2nd rounder next year. That kinda blows up the scenario. Would rather use that 3rd rounder on a bonafide IOL or S rather than LB given the new scheme. 
It's nebulous. It works according to the trade chart, and that's really all we as fans have to go by. From there, it just depends on how badly somebody wants that QB or WR or whoever at 12. 

Regarding IOL, with the addition of Davis and Reed, we have a few options there. But I do take a high upside IOL in the 5th. Right now, the #1 backup at ILB is Blake Lynch, a UDFA in 2020 whom I love, but that's pretty much it. Troy Dye is not a fit for this defense, and the other guy, Chazz Surratt may not be either. Everyone keeps giving us OLBs but the depth there isn't too bad with Patrick Jones II, Wonnum, J-Rob and Willekes. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
A plan for the future idea: To make some of the idiot analysts better at putting out mock drafts, NFL Teams should be required to release their Top 10 rankings for every position once the draft is over. I would love to see how they rank guys

We'll call it the Looney Rule.  I'm sure each and every team would be willing to tell the truth on the order of how they had them ranked. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
A plan for the future idea: To make some of the idiot analysts better at putting out mock drafts, NFL Teams should be required to release their Top 10 rankings for every position once the draft is over. I would love to see how they rank guys

We'll call it the Looney Rule.  I'm sure each and every team would be willing to tell the truth on the order of how they had them ranked. 
Yeah, there's no guarantee that they're accurate and Billy B would probably show a dumb list, but guys like McShay and Kiper rank their guys based on conversations with teams...it's not totally random. Plus, we already look back and make fun of GM's and teams for their stupid picks so it's not like making fun of how they rank guys in their respective positions is much different. 

Great mock and very realistic. Love the top 2 picks you have.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
1.12 > 1.20s
Vikings trade down from 12 to the early 20s, netting a 2023 1st rounder and a 2022 4th rounder to fill that gap.  
Vikings have Cousins under contract through 2023. His performance in ’22 is the key to his future and ours. If he does great in this new offense, you keep him and you have two first rounders to maneuver into one of the top receivers in 2023. If he does what he always does: play really well, but not eliminate certain questions, you trade him for picks—likely a 1st, maybe something back.

With three 1st rounders Vikings should still be able to maneuver into one of the top QBs in a pretty good QB class.  

1.20s - Kaiir Elam CB, Florida, 6-1, 191, 4.39. 
Underrated. Terrific in coverage. Played well against Alabama’s receivers. Will have to teach him better pursuit angles when it comes to tackling. But he can cover. 
2.46 - Logan Hall, DT, Edge, 5T, Houston. 6-6, 283, 4.88. 
Enough speed to rush the passer, enough size to hold up inside. Rotates with or replaces Watts.
3.77 - Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming. 6-2, 237, 4.65
3-down LB with few weaknesses. Future starter, but depth behind Hicks and Kendricks where the cupboard is empty.
4.X - Nick Cross, S, Maryland, 6-0, 212, 4.34. 
Best football is ahead of him. 
5.156 - Sean Rhyan, IOL, UCLA, 6-4, 321, 5.25. 
Big powerful guy with terrific athleticism and foot speed to play in a zone. Has experience at guard, tackle and center.
Not enough time this year to know the players much beyond the 4th round. But we should focus on special teams players, high-upside WRs and maybe a kicker to compete with Joseph. 
you had me at hello...

granted I dont get Hamilton or Davis,  but you addressed the future first rounder and still nailed some key areas with this years picks.  very nice... one thing though.... no "maybe" on the kicker... they are like jello,  theres always room for a kicker.