Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISJ
I feel a little skeptical of ISJ.  He was pretty mediocre before the injury, but
was splitting time with Rudolph in a 2 TE system.  Then he got injured.  I’m sure if he’s healthy, he’d be fine, but I
think I’d want someone else in the pipeline just as insurance.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I feel a little skeptical of ISJ.  He was pretty mediocre before the injury, but
was splitting time with Rudolph in a 2 TE system.  Then he got injured.  I’m sure if he’s healthy, he’d be fine, but I
To be fair, so was Conklin and look how well he did. I would like to see us potentially draft a TE in Day 3, but I'm not worried about that position at all. TE's always do well with Kirk and I think Irv will have no problem getting open when defenses will be more focused on JJ, Thielen, and Dalvin. How KOC wishes to utilize TE's is beyond me, but Irv will be fine if healthy.

We are going to need another TE unless Davidson has taken a significant jump from last year. Mundt is more of a blocker then receiving threat, and ISJ is still just potential that can't be relied upon. It's not a great TE draft but there are some intriguing prospects beyond the 3rd round 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Kentis" said:
Wonder if they found something else when they went in to repair his meniscus, seems like he should have been healthy by now…
Right? This wasn't a full ACL. I'm no doctor, but I thought meniscus tears were on a much shorter timeline than this. 
Depends on the procedure.  He most likely got a Meniscus surgery that allowed the meniscus to heal rather than being removed.  The long-term effect on the joint is far improved as 90% of the Meniscus is retained rather than removed, and concerns such as arthritis and bone on bone are far diminished.  Although everything is likely fully healed, the ramp up back to full speed will involve some pain.
Yes, I remember reading about that in the decision making...Now was that ISJ? Or was that back in AP days? Or maybe it was both of em???

That was the story with Peterson, and I'm speculating that's likely the case for ISJ if it was just a meniscus tear.  I'm not sure if that's the case or not.   

Did a quick search for an update on this and there seems to be mixed reports. Per an NBC Sports short article: On Tuesday, head coach Kevin O’Connell said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, that Smith is “right on schedule” and that the team will take it slow in order to ensure that remains the case.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"medaille" said:
To be fair, so was Conklin and look how well he did. I would like to see us potentially draft a TE in Day 3, but I'm not worried about that position at all. TE's always do well with Kirk and I think Irv will have no problem getting open when defenses will be more focused on JJ, Thielen, and Dalvin. How KOC wishes to utilize TE's is beyond me, but Irv will be fine if healthy.
Agree. Irv is probably the player I'm most excited about. The clips from last summer's training camp were phenomenal. It was basically the JJ and ISJ show, with Irv getting what seemed like every 2nd or 3rd ball.

I do know my friend went in for a meniscus repair on his knee last year & during that procedure the doctor found a partially torn ACL, which he repaired as well…