Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cap space
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
It's an interesting thought on Will Fuller V but... no. Guy is beyond glass. Porcelain. Fine China. Etc. The Fins paid him I think $10M last year to play about 30 snaps. I guess at the vet minimum he'd be worth a shot but I think the Vikings bringing in zero WR FAs means they're targeting the draft for the position. Which I do think that's a preferred option.
This. I think the Vikings will consider the right WR in round 1, actually. Seems kind of crazy but there was an interesting slip in Kwesi's owners meeting press conference. 

Something along the lines of "you can see what a premium teams place on the QB position, now you see teams are catching up and realizing WRs too". Hmmm. There is a point to be made there analytics wide. The cost benefit at WR is definitely increasing and we've seen before that good WRs can compliment bad/average QB play.

Vikings aren't desperate for WR help by any means but Thielen is in the last 2-3 years of his career, you need to pay JJ, and if you added either a larger body (London) or a burner (Olave) you would cause a lot of problems for opposing defenses. You also know KOC is going to be more willing to let Kirk dish the ball around. 
If we are considering BPA at 12, what about Jameson Williams?  Coming off the knee injury, wouldn't need to be rushed to get into the offense but once incorporated and back to full speed creates a vertical range that could really open up the offense.  
I don't think it would be too early taking him in the top-10 if BPA is the argument. The issue is a lot of team picking in the top-15 need an impact now player to push them into the post-season while a team like GB/KC/TEN likely are good enough now to make it and can wait on him. He is 2nd best WR in the draft after Wilson when healthy. I just feel #12 is a tad bit early for my liking considering you could be passing on an equally as talented player who could play without the risks. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
If the 2 CBs, the S, and G. Wilson (and maybe London) are all gone before 12 I think the Vikings will be scrambling to trade down. The question will be does a first time GM have the relationships to get a fair deal, and what players will be sitting there that other teams might realistically want to trade up for. 
I think your right, we would love to move down, as for a fair deal, it doesn't have to be perfect compensation off the chart just give us a few picks and we move down and get the next CB that they prefer.

Quote: @"rf54" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
If the 2 CBs, the S, and G. Wilson (and maybe London) are all gone before 12 I think the Vikings will be scrambling to trade down. The question will be does a first time GM have the relationships to get a fair deal, and what players will be sitting there that other teams might realistically want to trade up for. 
I think your right, we would love to move down, as for a fair deal, it doesn't have to be perfect compensation off the chart just give us a few picks and we move down and get the next CB that they prefer.
Baltimore could be a good target to deal down at 14, grab a 3rd and they get their guy.  Depends on the run on DL.  Multiple move downs could be good if you can grab additional 3rds along the way.  

You could still get Booth at 18-20, but grab two additional picks in the top 120 of a defensive heavy draft class.    You might still a potential stud like J. Williams at WR around 18-20, so there will be a lot of options at 14#

Booth, 2nd Round DL, 3rd Round LB, 3rd Round Bryant/Wooten would be a very good haul

They just signed guard Chris Reed (started for the Colts last year) to a 3 year, 28 million dollar contract with 15 million guaranteed. 

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
They just signed guard Chris Reed (started for the Colts last year) to a 3 year, 28 million dollar contract with 15 million guaranteed. 
Where are you seeing 3 years for $28 million? I'm seeing it as a 2 year deal and I would be surprised it's that high annually.

Either way, good signing as he may win the starting job

Hmmm, new regime does not appear to have much faith in last year's third round guard...

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Hmmm, new regime does not appear to have much faith in last year's third round guard...
Or they want competition and/or may not have that much faith in Cleveland either. It's not like he has been anything special either

I just saw that and had to do a little research. Looks like he started 14 games at guard for Carolina in 2020 before signing a one year deal in Indy last season. Was a backup at both guard positions with 6 starts. Short arms and is a more effective run blocker

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Where are you seeing 3 years for $28 million? I'm seeing it as a 2 year deal and I would be surprised it's that high annually.

Check today's date.  You will find your answer there.  Understandably lame, but I felt I had to do it.

@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Check today's date.  You will find your answer there.  Understandably lame, but I felt I had to do it.
That's a confusing April Fools joke considering the first half is true