Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Tretter and Bates “still in play” for us?
Ereck Flowers is 6-6, 334 pounds and 27 years old.

Since switching positions to LG in 2019, he’s earned PFF pass blocking grades of 69.0, 73.8 and 78.1. Had a career-high 72.0 overall grade last season for the Commanders

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:

Since switching positions to LG in 2019, he’s earned PFF pass blocking grades of 69.0, 73.8 and 78.1. Had a career-high 72.0 overall grade last season for the Commanders
Flowers has never played right guard in the NFL.  That would be the concern because you would be moving him or Cleveland to the right side.

I think they should take a look at Will Hernandez.

I really liked Flowers coming out of Miami and was surprised how much he struggled out of the gate, but he seems to have settled in at guard and done well for himself. I think he would be an upgrade for us.

Another player who's gotten lost in the shuffle already in Miami is Austin Jackson, who the Dolphins just took in the first round out of USC a couple years ago. With the signings of Terron Armstead and Connor Williams, Jackson has been relegated to the backup at left guard behind Williams. I wonder if he'd be someone we'd be interested in kicking the tires on and see if Miami would want to move him for pennies on the dollar? 6'5"/325 and still only 22..

"Tretter was never truly healthy in his time with the Browns. Due to knee and ankle injuries, he basically never practiced during the season. He would simply come out and play every game without missing a snap, often doing a good job despite playing on one leg." He's 31.

"Tretter was never truly healthy in his time with the Browns. Due to knee and ankle injuries, he basically never practiced during the season. He would simply come out and play every game without missing a snap, often doing a good job despite playing on one leg." He's 31.
Yeah, I don't think this is our guy.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/inj...eek/REG-18

Had exactly one week where he wasnt on the injury report. Most weeks it was DNP, DNP, LP. To his credit he missed only one start. 

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Flowers has never played right guard in the NFL.  That would be the concern because you would be moving him or Cleveland to the right side.

remember though, Cleveland started his OG career on the right side,  only moving to LG last year,  so moving him back to the RG wouldnt be earth shattering as long as they make the move early enough for him to get all the offseason work from that side.