Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kwesi Like A Fox?
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Looking at the QB class, Kwesi has gone on record (trying to find it) that everyone thought the 2017 class was also viewed as poorly as this one. To be honest, I never gave Mahomes a second thought, but Watson was a 1st round lock. I don't see anyone close to these two guys. 

Pickett is still my favorite in the class, but I view him as a Day 2 guy in terms of value, not where he'll go overall. Willis is raw as sushi, but the skills are undeniable. 

Does Kwesi gamble on a QB this soon into his tenure? If either of these guy were in the 2023 class, they wouldn't crack the top 5. Maybe not top 7.

Follow me for more reading too much into someone's comments.
I think he's just covering for all scenarios. He sorta has to do that on the odd chance they end up drafting one of them. But he's right about 2017. Trubisky was the class of the group. Watson next. Mahomes was a 2nd rounder at this time in 2017. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
As god as my witness, I didn't want this to turn into another Cousins thread.
Even god can't stop it.   Kirk is a gravity well.  He pulls your team inexorably towards a .500 record just as he pulls your message board inexorably towards an endless series of arguments about Kirk.   God won't be able to help KAM and KOC if they fall into the Kirk Cousins black hole.  :p

The banter on Cousins on this board is usually so irrational it’s just mind numbing. 
The .500 argument being among the most illogical. 
“The Vikings will not win a Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins as starting QB” - Without a defense. 
*There fixed it for you

If a coach can’t win with a QB performing like Cousins did last year, then they’re a shitty coach. 
Our offense is good enough to win it all right now with improved play calling and another year for our line to gel. Cousins is just as good as Stafford and better than the likes of Jimmy G. 

Without a significant jump in defensive play, there’s no QB in the league taking this team to a Super Bowl. Offense and our QB is the least of our problems, other than the contract.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
The banter on Cousins on this board is usually so irrational it’s just mind numbing. 
The .500 argument being among the most illogical. 
“The Vikings will not win a Super Bowl with Kirk Cousins as starting QB” - Without a defense. 
*There fixed it for you

If a coach can’t win with a QB performing like Cousins did last year, then they’re a shitty coach. 
Our offense is good enough to win it all right now with improved play calling and another year for our line to gel. Cousins is just as good as Stafford and better than the likes of Jimmy G. 

Without a significant jump in defensive play, there’s no QB in the league taking this team to a Super Bowl. Offense and our QB is the least of our problems, other than the contract.
[Image: 7u3k8fqkr75s.png]