Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ewwww....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
Yeah I know.  Rick is the greatest gm ever.. in your mind.    Look at all those title runs his teams made.   

The problem is you think fantasy and stats trump reality.    What was the Vegas over/under on the Vikings last summer?  Around 8.  And what did I tell you the Vikings would do this past year?  Win about 8 games.  And what did you tell me?  They were "contenders" who'd win 12-13.    I assume you bet the farm when you found a future line that was off by 4-5 games?   No?   

I gamble quite a bit on the NFL, I can't afford to live in the fantasy world you do where the Vikings are contenders and Rick is a great g.m.--it would cost me real money.
Most educated people should be able to separate functions and evaluate them individually. My advice to you: stop gambling. 
Then I'd stop winning.  Nix.

[Image: 3nm8vp3p3o1e.png]

Quote: @comet52 said:
Yeah I know.  Rick is the greatest gm ever.. in your mind.    Look at all those title runs his teams made.   

The problem is you think fantasy and stats trump reality.    What was the Vegas over/under on the Vikings last summer?  Around 8.  And what did I tell you the Vikings would do this past year?  Win about 8 games.  And what did you tell me?  They were "contenders" who'd win 12-13.    I assume you bet the farm when you found a future line that was off by 4-5 games?   No?   

I gamble quite a bit on the NFL, I can't afford to live in the fantasy world you do where the Vikings are contenders and Rick is a great g.m.--it would cost me real money.

Dude,  The data quite conclusively shows Rick drafted well.  Now, preseason/midseason trades and not talking to your head coach....probably an issue.

If you cannot take the above data and clearly see a positive trend, you probably shouldn't be gambling unless of course you have a whole bunch of money to lose. 

That would explain the overly cynical attitude.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@comet52 said:

Dude,  The data quite conclusively shows Rick drafted well.  Now, preseason/midseason trades and not talking to your head coach....probably an issue.

If you cannot take the above data and clearly see a positive trend, you probably shouldn't be gambling unless of course you have a whole bunch of money to lose. 
You feel Rick's great drafting is "proven"?  Good for you.  I see a roster full of holes and a lot of wasted picks.  

A great gm in most folks eyes is a guy whose team wins a title.  I get that around here the bar is considerably lower.  He just has to win some random, short sample size stat that someone cooks up and voila he's a hero.  Just be thankful he's gone and we might actually have a chance to become relevant, assuming KAM and KOC don't bet their newly minted careers on Kirk.

As for wagering, spent many years learning to beat the hardest game and I don't take tips from squares, but thanks for trying.

@AGRforever said:
@comet52 said:

You feel Rick's great drafting is "proven"?  Good for you.  I see a roster full of holes and a lot of wasted picks.  

A great gm in most folks eyes is a guy whose team wins a title.  I get that around here the bar is considerably lower.  He just has to win some random, short sample size stat that someone cooks up and voila he's a hero.  Just be thankful he's gone and we might actually have a chance to become relevant, assuming KAM and KOC don't bet their newly minted careers on Kirk.

As for wagering, spent many years learning to beat the hardest game and I don't take tips from squares, but thanks for trying.
But you're not grading on a curve. Because you don't pay attention to the draft, you see Treadwell and think bad GM, without realizing picks like Treadwell litter every team's draft room. And, as a matter of fact, less so the Vikings than other teams.

You wanna criticize him for the Herndon trade and poor communication with his head coach, go for it. Couldn't agree more. You wanna praise our new direction under KAM, go for it. I'm super excited too. But don't be afraid of the TRUTH. And the truth is that no matter how you cut it--value, value over expected, post season recognition--Rick Spielman was one of the best drafting GMs in the NFL. 

In the famous words of Jesus of Nazareth: "The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off."