Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ewwww....
2022 Salary Cap Number: $15,858,823
2022 Compensation: $11 million
2022 Dead Money: $5 million
2022 Salary Cap Savings: $10,858,823
"Trae Waynes has been a disappointment ever since signing a three-year, $42 million contract in 2020 free agency largely because of injury. He missed the entire 2020 season with a torn pectoral muscle. Waynes was limited to five regular season games (with four starts) because of a hamstring injury in 2021. His only action during Cincinnati's four playoff games was on special teams."

Another monster draft pick from Slick Rick.  

Quote: @comet52 said:
He played great for us. Seemed Slick Rick got out at the exact right time. 

OK, but let's grade on a curve, shall we? Waynes was one of five CBs taken in the first round that year. Waynes signed a 3-year, $42M contract with the Bengals. And then got hurt. Byron Jones has been very good. Marcus Peters is a good corner, but is on his 3rd team due to character issues. Kevin Johnson and Damarious Randall are out of the NFL. 

Also, pretty hard to judge Rick on the 2015 draft, considering we also landed Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter and Stefon Diggs in that draft. Considered by pretty much everyone to be one of the best drafts in the last 20 years. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
OK, but let's grade on a curve, shall we? Waynes was one of five CBs taken in the first round that year. Waynes signed a 3-year, $42M contract with the Bengals. And then got hurt. Byron Jones has been very good. Marcus Peters is a good corner, but is on his 3rd team due to character issues. Kevin Johnson and Damarious Randall are out of the NFL. 

Also, pretty hard to judge Rick on the 2015 draft, considering we also landed Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter and Stefon Diggs in that draft. Considered by pretty much everyone to be one of the best drafts in the last 20 years. 
4 starters and 3 of them probably in the top 5 at their position?  Yeah, it was ok.  

Lots to knock Rick on, QB development, o-line, but Waynes isn't one of them.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@comet52 said:
He played great for us. Seemed Slick Rick got out at the exact right time. 
He played average at best.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:

He was overdrafted.

It's nice that Rick had a good draft 7 years ago.  That's all anyone has to shout about 7 years later, except maybe JJ falling into his lap because Philly is stupid.

@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:

He was overdrafted.

It's nice that Rick had a good draft 7 years ago.  That's all anyone has to shout about 7 years later, except maybe JJ falling into his lap because Philly is stupid.
Well...in the last 10 years, there isn't a GM in the NFL who drafted more players with more All Pro and Pro Bowl seasons. So there's that. 

And this...https://www.nfl.com/news/general-manager-power-rankings-nfl-draft-edition?campaign=Twitter_atn

And this...in the six drafts between 2015 and 2020, in terms of AVOE (avg value over expected), five top 10 drafts, four top 3, and three ranking 1st. And if it isn't obvious, no other team comes anywhere close to that. 

And this...in the 9 drafts between 2012 and 2020, in terms of average value, Vikings rank 2nd in the NFL.  Just sayin...
[Image: aplpvjz0zk25.jpeg]
[Image: mq8zx4boqx41.png]

Yeah I know.  Rick is the greatest gm ever.. in your mind.    Look at all those title runs his teams made.   

The problem is you think fantasy and stats trump reality.    What was the Vegas over/under on the Vikings last summer?  Around 8.  And what did I tell you the Vikings would do this past year?  Win about 8 games.  And what did you tell me?  They were "contenders" who'd win 12-13.    I assume you bet the farm when you found a future line that was off by 4-5 games?   No?   

I gamble quite a bit on the NFL, I can't afford to live in the fantasy world you do where the Vikings are contenders and Rick is a great g.m.--it would cost me real money.

Yeah I know.  Rick is the greatest gm ever.. in your mind.    Look at all those title runs his teams made.   

The problem is you think fantasy and stats trump reality.    What was the Vegas over/under on the Vikings last summer?  Around 8.  And what did I tell you the Vikings would do this past year?  Win about 8 games.  And what did you tell me?  They were "contenders" who'd win 12-13.    I assume you bet the farm when you found a future line that was off by 4-5 games?   No?   

I gamble quite a bit on the NFL, I can't afford to live in the fantasy world you do where the Vikings are contenders and Rick is a great g.m.--it would cost me real money.
Most educated people should be able to separate functions and evaluate them individually. My advice to you: stop gambling.