Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Rodgers extension would look like
Last time I opened a thread with a title like this, my computer locked.....

Likeable or not, Rogers is smart. Smart enough to know he'll need to sign a deal structured in a way that keeps a top 3 NFC team around him.

After that? It's up to the football gods.  

As a Viking fan who's watched GB enjoy 30 years of HOF QB'ing, I fully expect them go get this done.   

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
Last time I opened a thread with a title like this, my computer locked.....
Jen Sturger could not be reached for comment.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
“With what money?” is the right answer here. There will be no Adams and they will have to dismantle a portion of the team to get it done. 
As a franchise they are better off moving on. They simply can’t afford to continue down this road. Are they trying to save face with the fans wanting to keep him? Probably. 
Exactly.  If they didn't get it done with Adams on the cheap and all of that pending FA defense, it's not happening.  I hope they spend everything they have to keep him and get nothing in return except cash strapped roster.  In 2 years he will return and they will be in a mess.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
“With what money?” is the right answer here. There will be no Adams and they will have to dismantle a portion of the team to get it done. 
As a franchise they are better off moving on. They simply can’t afford to continue down this road. Are they trying to save face with the fans wanting to keep him? Probably. 
Exactly.  If they didn't get it done with Adams on the cheap and all of that pending FA defense, it's not happening.  I hope they spend everything they have to keep him and get nothing in return except cash strapped roster.  In 2 years he will return and they will be in a mess.
they will make a strong move and push a lot of the cap into future years,  hoping that something will come along and fix it by the time they need to deal with it.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
they will make a strong move and push a lot of the cap into future years,  hoping that something will come along and fix it by the time they need to deal with it.
Agreed....

And if the NFL tv ratings continue to climb like they have? The cap will rise to accommodate more $$

The 272 regular-season games averaged 17.1 million viewers across television and digital platforms. That is a 10% increase over 2020 and is the league's highest average since 2015.It was expected that the NFL's overall television audience would increase after the 2020 season was played in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, with empty stadiums presenting a strange viewing dynamic and many people's viewing habits changing. The first half of that season also occurred in the midst of a presidential campaign, when many were watching cable news channels.

This was also the first season when the league played 17 regular-season games. Despite the extra games, there were not many blowouts. According to the league, 64% of all games this season were within one score in the fourth quarter.
NFL games ranked in the top 16 and accounted for 91 of the top 100 telecasts on television during the season, according to Nielsen. 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3305...ast-season