Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agency thoughts
Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
8 of 9 of our losses were by 8 points or less. The only loss that wasn’t the case was the game Cousins was out. Even a moderate improvement in our defense and we are competing for the division. 
I don’t understand this belief it’s a rebuilding year and we will be non-competitive. It could randomly be right, but it isn’t a rational conclusion based on this past year. 
because they are quite a bit over the cap already, and have a bunch of players that arent under contract so that cap that we are over doesnt even fill the roster,  Couple that with the talent that will likely opt to hit FA vs restructuring...or the new regime doesnt think will fit their plans.   rational?  rational asks what last years record has to do with this years mess.  and competing for the NFCN and being competitive are 2 completely different things.  

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Josey Jewell is the only one on that list that I would like to sign. We need corners badly, but it seems they may resign PP which helps. Ryan Jensen would be a nice signing at center 
Yeah, I'm not so sure we do resign PP. I know he wants to be back, but this year more than any other will be about cost-efficiency and, while he was solid, that $10M is a little steep. I think this team might focus on younger options in the secondary. 

The other side of the argument is what he brings in terms of leadership. Vikings might value that considering we'll very likely be starting a rookie corner in '22. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Havoc1649 said:
8 of 9 of our losses were by 8 points or less. The only loss that wasn’t the case was the game Cousins was out. Even a moderate improvement in our defense and we are competing for the division. 
I don’t understand this belief it’s a rebuilding year and we will be non-competitive. It could randomly be right, but it isn’t a rational conclusion based on this past year. 
I think our offense can keep us in almost every game, but the defensive roster is a crapshoot right now.
In fairness, its not like our D could really be that much worse could it?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I think our offense can keep us in almost every game, but the defensive roster is a crapshoot right now.
In fairness, its not like our D could really be that much worse could it?

Well, it was ranked #24 in pts allowed, it could always drop another 2,4 or 8 spots  :p